Lexus Servicing

Hi

I have a 2007 Lexus RX350 bought second hand this year. It had 34,000k on the clock but hadn't been regularly serviced so I took it in straight away and was happy to pay the $680 for the service to get it up to date. However, I just took it in for a 45,000km service and it cost me $1000! Again, happy to pay this (it did include fuel flush and wheel alignment) if it is needed but how do others feel about getting their cars serviced elsewhere?

I am hesitant to do so with a prestige vehicle but if others have had success it might be worth considering.

Hi

I have a 2007 Lexus RX350 bought second hand this year. It had 34,000k on the clock but hadn't been regularly serviced so I took it in straight away and was happy to pay the $680 for the service to get it up to date. However, I just took it in for a 45,000km service and it cost me $1000! Again, happy to pay this (it did include fuel flush and wheel alignment) if it is needed but how do others feel about getting their cars serviced elsewhere?

I am hesitant to do so with a prestige vehicle but if others have had success it might be worth considering.

Hi mate, I think it's totally up to you. There are some garages that do a great job at a fraction of the cost which is a plus, however there are so many out there that you don't know which is good and which is bad. Did you serviced it with Lexus Service?

Worthwhile ringing some people around and make sure they know what they are talking about. (ask different questions about cambelt or what's the best oil for your car...I know it sounds silly but someone who know theur stuff will be able to answer your questions really quick.

Good luck.

I agree up to you. If you find a good garage that has a good rep, deals with imports or does a bit of tuning that is a decent start as their customers usually demand a high level of quality and workmanship on their vehicles.

I agree up to you. If you find a good garage that has a good rep, deals with imports or does a bit of tuning that is a decent start as their customers usually demand a high level of quality and workmanship on their vehicles.

yeah the guys are right. i have my log book servicing done at a local mechanic who does not only show high standards of workman ship and quality products but also loves to work on lexus vehicles. also at a fraction of the price.

if you can find someone like this i say go for it.

good luck