Hi

Has anyone tried to take off the tail light covers? I am trying to put a light tint on it. Is it hard to do?

Could someone please post a link or tutorial on how-to? would really appreciate it.

thanks

Hi Uad,

I don't recall reading anywhere about anyone taking off their tail light lenses. You would be better off utilising the "tinted" red-outs. Atleast that way you haven't destroyed the seals and you can peal them off if you change your mind. Also, you achieve a far more even result. If you are not familiar with them, you will find posts on this topic!

Hey Project IS

Thanks for the advice. I have seen the red-out ones. The tint I have got is the pre-cut vinyl overlay. It looks like the window tint material but can expand under heat so there may be some trimming involved in the end. I just thought it would be much easier for me to trim off the excess edges after the expansion with the lenses off. Also I don't want to risk leaving a mark on the paintwork.

I remember someone tried to put the clear taillight lenses on their car so surely they have taken the OEM lenses?

Anyone?

Hey Project IS

Thanks for the advice. I have seen the red-out ones. The tint I have got is the pre-cut vinyl overlay. It looks like the window tint material but can expand under heat so there may be some trimming involved in the end. I just thought it would be much easier for me to trim off the excess edges after the expansion with the lenses off. Also I don't want to risk leaving a mark on the paintwork.

I remember someone tried to put the clear taillight lenses on their car so surely they have taken the OEM lenses?

Anyone?

Sorry Uad,

My bad! I thought you were enquiring about taking the lense off the tail light assy! I didn't realise all you wanted to do was take the tail lights out!

When you read about guys installing the non oem clear lenses, they are the whole unit.

Anyway, did you get the ebay overlays?? Looking at the tutorials, I don't think that you need to take them out, but obviously your choice!

I will dig up a "how to" for you but im sure that either QQQ or from memory Akuma can help as they have replaced their tail lights!!!

I will add to this soon!

No, I should thank you for making it clear for me :P . I didn't say it clear enough. Looking forward to your 'how-to' tutorial. Hopefully it won't be too hard for me to do. Cheers

Yes, I got them from Ebay seller "firearm1". Decent quality film but shipping took a a couple weeks. I ordered two pairs because I know I am going to stuff up the first time....hehe