Sat Nav/phone Override

Hi,

New to this, only got our RX350 (08/09 model) about 2 months ago and I am a bit frustrated with the cut out of the Nav & Phone system whilst moving.

I have found a company in the US that has a plug & play module that overrides this feature and allows full access when moving.

Link to their web site is http://www.prestigioussociety.com/

Does anybody know anything about this module because I am keen to buy it but would like some feed back first.

It will cost about $400 AUS delivered.

Cheers

I'm a bit confused with your question. Are you trying to play DVDs whilst you are on the move ?

What part of the sat nav / phone is not working on your car while your moving ?

I don't understand :unsure:

I'm a bit confused with your question. Are you trying to play DVDs whilst you are on the move ?

What part of the sat nav / phone is not working on your car while your moving ?

I don't understand :unsure:

I don't want to play DVDs whilst I'm driving. I would like to access the phone book feature on the dash screen and also be able to input a destination to the sat nav whilst the car is moving.

As standard these 2 functions are removed when the car is moving. From what the dealer has told me this is a Lexus setting and cannot be changed.

Lol ok well there you go, you learn something new everyday. I had no idea you could not input a destination into the sat nav while the car is moving - mind you, quite frankly, it's not something I'd want to do.

The lock out on the sat nav also prevents passengers from entering destinations whilst on the move.

What I would like is to hear from anybody who has installed this module from Prestigious Society before I commit to the purchase.

• 2 months later...
The lock out on the sat nav also prevents passengers from entering destinations whilst on the move.

What I would like is to hear from anybody who has installed this module from Prestigious Society before I commit to the purchase.

Hi, just an update on the satnav/phone bypass.

I ordered the bypass from Mark at Prestige Society and have now installed it to our RX with a great result. We now have full access to the navigation menu and phone menu whilst the vehicle is moving. Very easy installation with excellent instructions included. Took about 3 hours to install which was longer than anticipated but I was doing everything carefully. Probably the hardest part was running the cable from the DVD in the rear to the screen unit in the dash, difficult to push the cable under the door sills in a couple of spots.

I also installed a VAIS ipod adaptor at the same time which I ordered from the Australian distributor in Queensland. This works very well and has the added feature of pinging the “I Agree” button on the navigation after about 5 seconds, saves touching the screen every time the car starts with the nav screen on.

To anybody interested I would recommend both products.

Cheers

Hi, just an update on the satnav/phone bypass.

I ordered the bypass from Mark at Prestige Society and have now installed it to our RX with a great result. We now have full access to the navigation menu and phone menu whilst the vehicle is moving. Very easy installation with excellent instructions included. Took about 3 hours to install which was longer than anticipated but I was doing everything carefully. Probably the hardest part was running the cable from the DVD in the rear to the screen unit in the dash, difficult to push the cable under the door sills in a couple of spots.

I also installed a VAIS ipod adaptor at the same time which I ordered from the Australian distributor in Queensland. This works very well and has the added feature of pinging the “I Agree” button on the navigation after about 5 seconds, saves touching the screen every time the car starts with the nav screen on.

To anybody interested I would recommend both products.

Cheers

hey Gazz, I'm quite interested in getting this override product, is it a "plug and play" type system, much like the VAIS adaptor?

I'm a technical person so don't hold many fears, but I don't want to hack away at cables on my RX ;)

Hi Mark, yes it’s a plug and play the same as the VAIS, no cutting of wires. It comes as two modules, one plugs into the DVD player in the rear of the car and the other into the rear of the dash screen. There is a single core thin wire connecting the two which can be installed without removing any panels. The unit is controlled by a small controller with two press buttons that mounts with double sided tape. I ran that wire out next to the steering column, left side and stuck it below the black section of dash. One button is for the nav and the other is for the phone/dvd. The whole set up is very well made. I had a small problem when starting up for the first time, the nav screen would not boot up, I had to reinstall my original V14 disk and then all was okay. Hope this helps, it’s money well spent. Cheers

very nice then Gazz! I'm off to the State's in early January so am looking to buy the gear over there cheaper than here. Had a look at the VAIS SL2Vi will set me back $599 here but US$349, or AU$380 odd.

which VAIS unit did you go for? I'm looking at the SL2Vi to play audio/video from an iPhone 3GS

cheers!

very nice then Gazz! I'm off to the State's in early January so am looking to buy the gear over there cheaper than here. Had a look at the VAIS SL2Vi will set me back $599 here but US$349, or AU$380 odd.

which VAIS unit did you go for? I'm looking at the SL2Vi to play audio/video from an iPhone 3GS

cheers!

Mark, I bought the VAIS SL2i-UP from Queensland $377 delivered, will not play video from ipod.

Could have got it from Prestigious Society for US$265 delivered. Paid the extra to get Aussie warranty and back up service. Just a note, the VAIS install instructions are not as good as the Nav Module instructions, no detail on how to remove the head unit from the dash

• 1 month later...

cheers!

Mark, I bought the VAIS SL2i-UP from Queensland $377 delivered, will not play video from ipod.

Could have got it from Prestigious Society for US$265 delivered. Paid the extra to get Aussie warranty and back up service. Just a note, the VAIS install instructions are not as good as the Nav Module instructions, no detail on how to remove the head unit from the dash

I will have a Prestigious Society Nav Override for sale in March sometime if anyone is interested. Have had this in my 2006 RX350 for the last few months however I'm taking delivery of a new 2010 RX350 in March and this unit won't fit that model.

This was professionally installed and will be removed by the same people.

I may also have a vaistech SL2vi for sale as well (have both in my current RX)

PM me if anyone is interested.

Hey Gazz,

I think you may find that this is the same type of kit you are after but cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=360223491078

If you buy either one post up your thoughts.

what the hell does that thing do?

Similar to the Prestigious Society unit, it overrides the Nav/Bluetooth lockouts by convincing the vehicle that it is stationary. Works a treat. This one doesn't seem to fit the RX though. This ebay vendor is a pretty good guy (I've bought a few things from him) so if unsure, ask him.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...