No Bluetooth/phone On Sat Nav?

Hi all, after upgrading sat nav to V.15 on our newly bought 04 RX330 we just have noticed there is no phone icon on the sat nav menu screen.

Does this mean that bluetooth was not installed from factory as theres a phone on/off switch on the steering wheel??? :angry:

If thats the case what would be possible cost of the bluetooth upgrade? :blink:

Hi all, after upgrading sat nav to V.15 on our newly bought 04 RX330 we just have noticed there is no phone icon on the sat nav menu screen.

Does this mean that bluetooth was not installed from factory as theres a phone on/off switch on the steering wheel??? :angry:

If thats the case what would be possible cost of the bluetooth upgrade? :blink:

Did you have the phone icon before you upgraded the sat nav disk? Try pressing the phone connect button on the steering wheel - it should bring up the phone menu.

Just checked by putting old original sat nav v.13 back in & does not have the phone icon in menu screen either. The phone call buttons on steering wheel dont bring up phone icon on menu screen also. Im confused as I thought all sat nav systems came with bluetooth preinstalled?

I just checked on my car (it's an RX350 so might be different). There's no phone icon when you press the Menu button - try pressing the Info button (assuming you have one). The phone connect button on the steering wheel brings up the phone dialling screen.

Pressed the Info button as well as the phone connect buttons on steering wheel and NOTHING, no dialing screen or any sort of option for making calls.

Is it possible to enable this feature some how?

Maybe it wasnt installed from factory eg. first buyer didnt tick this option as accesory to install?

Now Im really confused whats going on???

Sorry first post in bit misleading , there was no phone icon on the "info" page before or after our sat nav update & the buttons on steering wheel dont activate anything on screen. New car & just learning all features thats how we have come across this problem. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Your car might be the model before the bluetooth became std on the Luxury. this happened in late 2004/early 2005.

Hope that helps. :)

He said he has the phone buttons on the steering wheel, which means he has the MY05 update model.

Thanks Elmo, sounds like a possible reason.

Yes there are phone buttons on steering wheel but its an 04 model RX330 so cant be an MY05 update???

Still yet to have a Lexus dealer reference the chasis number to check if blutooth was factory installed and go from there i guess!

Yes there are phone buttons on steering wheel but its an 04 model RX330 so cant be an MY05 update???

If the build date on your car is post-September 2004, most likely it is an MY05. Of course, there is an easier way to tell - do you have 17 or 18" wheels ? ;) Only MY05+ Sport Luxuries have 18s.

My last RX was a 2003 RX330 Sport Luxury. I had 17" wheels and no phone button on my steering wheel.

If it has 18s and the phone button on the steering then it's an update model.

To be an update model it needs to be either late 04 build or an 05 model to be an MY05 Update.

Its a Jun 2004 built Sports Luxury model with factory upgrades like the 18" wheels but no bluetooth/phone feature to be found on sat nav screen.

I think you have missed the whole point of factory upgrades when a person buys the car brand new from a dealer.

If it has 18s and the phone button on the steering then it's an update model.

To be an update model it needs to be either late 04 build or an 05 model to be an MY05 Update.

Its a Jun 2004 built Sports Luxury model with factory upgrades like the 18" wheels but no bluetooth/phone feature to be found on sat nav screen.

I think you have missed the whole point of factory upgrades when a person buys the car brand new from a dealer.

As I said, I used to own a 2003 plated, November 2003 build (making it an MY04 model) RX330 Sport Luxury and it had no bluetooth and no phone button on the steering wheel.

You seem to know what you're talking about, so your problem is obviously in capable hands.