Replacing Grille

Hey folks

This may sound pretty stupid but im unsure of how to remove the factory altezza grille. Which screws need removing? The plastic ones on each side dont want to come out!! I just bought the car but im already keen to replace the grille with the mesh sports grille.

Any help would be great

grunta

Hey Grunta,

Its pretty easy to remove the grill. There's only four of those plastic rivet type things to remove, at the top of grill, on either side, like to the inside of the lights, two on each side. I was a bit hasty in removing mine though, and broke one of them, so be careful!

Once you have them off, the bottom of the grill slides into the top of the bumper, horozontally, away from the car (its a lot easier to see if you have the whole bumper off!), so you'll need to push the grill towards the engine/radiator. I'm not sure if you can take it off that easily with the bumper still on or not, I've never tried!

Just say if you don't understand...pictures really help! If you need any, I'll try to sort it out :D

Cheers,

Lawrence.

One more thing, about those plastic rivety things, u can pop them out with a screwdriver, but thats how they can break. I can't remember what type they are on the grill, but you MAY have to push it out from underneath 1st because they're two pieces. I'm meaning the ones with like a shroud you put in 1st, and then push another piece into it, to make it expand.

Prying them out will only break those ones, because of the expansion at the bottom, unless you're very lucky.

Cheers,

Lawrence.

By removing carefully the plastic screws, you may have to wedge them up with a flat head screwdriver and move one corner towards the engine, with a little wiggling you`ll be able to remove one side and then the other, not so difficult to do.

When installing the new grill, place the black seals and screws on the approximate area of the holes and start to screw down, don`t try and get the black plastic clip in first because it won`t fit in, the actual srewing down of the clip ensures it goes in properly..

Have fun B)