New Is200 Owner

Hey guys,

I've been looking around on here, and the rest of the internet for a turbo/super charger for my new car, i have never owned a turbo/supercharged car and think that a nice car like this would be a good place to start, unfortunately i have had a lot of trouble finding things, from what i have found tho, and what i want out of it, i want the TTE supercharger people have been talking about, i have found a few IS200's with it installed.

I won't be upgrading or using it for racing just something to give it a little extra and get it up of the line faster. from what i understand a turbo would give it more power, but i would need to upgrade alot of the lexus's internal engine bits to get any decent return, whereas with the supercharger i don;t need to, i get a decent increase in power, without needing to do much more.

can anybody reccomend other options, or let me know how/where i would go to get this kind of thing installed and tuned in canberra?

Thanks for the help,

Dale.

Hey guys,

I've been looking around on here, and the rest of the internet for a turbo/super charger for my new car, i have never owned a turbo/supercharged car and think that a nice car like this would be a good place to start, unfortunately i have had a lot of trouble finding things, from what i have found tho, and what i want out of it, i want the TTE supercharger people have been talking about, i have found a few IS200's with it installed.

I won't be upgrading or using it for racing just something to give it a little extra and get it up of the line faster. from what i understand a turbo would give it more power, but i would need to upgrade alot of the lexus's internal engine bits to get any decent return, whereas with the supercharger i don;t need to, i get a decent increase in power, without needing to do much more.

can anybody reccomend other options, or let me know how/where i would go to get this kind of thing installed and tuned in canberra?

Thanks for the help,

Dale.

there has been one on ebay recently - it was a full kit with a TTE supercharger for around $5k

sadly these things arnt the most modded car around i looked at every other option and still settled with a motor swap to a 1jz

you should be able to run a low boost turbo but will still cost a heap ...

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, from all the new reading i have done it looks like thats what i'll need to do.

although, i think i want to go with the 2JZ-GTE, i don;t know alot about cars, but from what i can gather it's the same as the 1JZ just with twin turbos bolted on, is that correct? is there anyone in australia, or more specificly in canberra that has had this done? a few other questions:

who should i speak to about getting this done? i don't want to do it because i know alot about car sound systems, but no engines, so i need a pro.

what sort of things will need to be modified? (apart from loosing the engine, obviously)

and what kind of cost? i have found a few 2JZ-GTE engines for sale second hand, which i'm fine with, how much for a new one (if they exist) how much for the complete engine, (and new gearbox, diff if needed) would it all be?

• 4 weeks later...
Yea, from all the new reading i have done it looks like thats what i'll need to do.

although, i think i want to go with the 2JZ-GTE, i don;t know alot about cars, but from what i can gather it's the same as the 1JZ just with twin turbos bolted on, is that correct? is there anyone in australia, or more specificly in canberra that has had this done? a few other questions:

who should i speak to about getting this done? i don't want to do it because i know alot about car sound systems, but no engines, so i need a pro.

what sort of things will need to be modified? (apart from loosing the engine, obviously)

and what kind of cost? i have found a few 2JZ-GTE engines for sale second hand, which i'm fine with, how much for a new one (if they exist) how much for the complete engine, (and new gearbox, diff if needed) would it all be?

its bucks but worth it.

easiest way to go is a 2jz VVTI SINGLE turbo!!!

the twins dont really fit and to get mine passed the engine mounts were offset on the front.

have you got an auto or a manual is200?

if manual get a vvti single turbo 1jz or a single turbo 2jz with an R154 gearbox (the 160 from the new supra doesnt fit with out some bashing)

you can make the computers work together (you need both)

im still having a few issues with AC trigger but im working on that this weekend

if you get a 1jz make sure you find a front sump for it (get a chaser halfcut and then find a front sump and bolt on) as i needs to fit over the crossmember

"whatthe" on toymods has had a really nice one in the passed making 300RWKWs

in short, motor, gearbox, 1jz ecu, intercooler, mounts, front sump, swearing but leading to awesome. haha

mine has a 1jz twin turbo from a JZA70 half cut - the older ones have stronger internals so if you go a single turbo setup on it will make nice power - i had to leave mine stock to get it passed in sa other wise i would have had jza70 halfcut, a haltech ecu, single turbo (gt35r),

also getting hipermax II's for it soon so it will be kickass

spent about $3500 (halfcut), $2000 (parts and stuff), mate helped me so it was about $1600 in labor)

hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

its bucks but worth it.

the twins dont really fit and to get mine passed the engine mounts were offset on the front.

if manual get a vvti single turbo 1jz or a single turbo 2jz with an R154 gearbox (the 160 from the new supra doesnt fit with out some bashing)

im still having a few issues with AC trigger but im working on that this weekend

if you get a 1jz make sure you find a front sump for it (get a chaser halfcut and then find a front sump and bolt on) as i needs to fit over the crossmember

in short, motor, gearbox, 1jz ecu, intercooler, mounts, front sump, swearing but leading to awesome. haha

mine has a 1jz twin turbo from a JZA70 half cut - the older ones have stronger internals so if you go a single turbo setup on it will make nice power - i had to leave mine stock to get it passed in sa other wise i would have had jza70 halfcut, a haltech ecu, single turbo (gt35r),

spent about $3500 (halfcut), $2000 (parts and stuff), mate helped me so it was about $1600 in labor)

hope this helps!

Hi all

I am also new to this site and am in the same position i have a 2000 IS200 stock, Auto. I want to do a manual conversion and make it a turbo. What advice can you give me? I also dont know a huge ammount about cars. Anything would be much appreciated.

its bucks but worth it.

hope this helps!

Hi all

I am also new to this site and am in the same position i have a 2000 IS200 stock, Auto. I want to do a manual conversion and make it a turbo. What advice can you give me? I also dont know a huge ammount about cars. Anything would be much appreciated.

LOL ok i will tell you this but only because it has godo shock value...i priced a 2j crate motor from lexus, even the lexus guy found it hard to tell me....

brand new......

$24000!

yes $24K, that's whay my is cost me! lol

• 5 weeks later...

hmmm $24k - dont get a new one either buy a 1jz or 2jz and rebuild it and forge its internals, and add a gt40 and a 100mm intake and well damn $24k would make one hell of a car hahah

2jz is about $2k more then a 1jz.

reason i went witha 1jz is that you can get a half cut with an r154 manual - the big 2jz 160 box needs to have a love tap on the firewall to make it fit hahah

its also a bit cheaper and a 1jz will still pump 350kw's at the wheels all day ...