Is-f Crash At Whoop Ass Wednesday

A member from another car club went down to last night's whoop ass wednesday (in Perth) as a spectator

He noticed a white IS-F, which did a few runs in the 12's (impressive for a stock car btw!), no burnout etc etc. Then it comes out for 4th run, must have turned traction control off, breaks out off the lines, starts to get sideways - breaks out hard to the right, no correction, driver on the gas the whole time, drives full pelt into the concrete barrier - complete front ender. Driver fail, no insurance, 150k Lexus, priceless!!!! Front end took a decent full frontal impact, that will not buff out!

Here's few pics he took:

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

Somebody's Christmas just got ruined :(

Hopefully not too expensive fix but you never know...

At least he wasn't doing that on a public road, but in a controlled environment, where you're supposed to. Cr@p happens, but thumbs up for taking it and giving it a go I reckon. Pity about the misfortune he's had :(

At least he wasn't doing that on a public road, but in a controlled environment, where you're supposed to. Cr@p happens, but thumbs up for taking it and giving it a go I reckon. Pity about the misfortune he's had :(

exactly right.

No track-racing insurance... ouch, there goes 150 grand. Such a beautiful and powerful car... damn. I pushed the IS-F around the Sandown few months ago but it was within reasonable limits.

Lap times??

None, it was a Lexus Drive Day and they did not record individual times however was told "not bad for a person that doesn't do it every day" by a non-Lexus affiliated track official, 220km/h on home straight was the fastest from people participating in it (only few people and I was one of them). Lexus hired race driver was doing 230km/h there.

not bad at all!! I've done 240, but not in a lexus! they must have a bit of grunt.

Thats nice too, I'm just waiting for my mate to buy the new Superleggera, I'll take it to the track.

has that even been announced yet? i read about the LP570 Gallardo replacement yesterday.

not bad at all!! I've done 240, but not in a lexus! they must have a bit of grunt.

Thats nice too, I'm just waiting for my mate to buy the new Superleggera, I'll take it to the track.

has that even been announced yet? i read about the LP570 Gallardo replacement yesterday.

Sorry, I should have made myself clear - the 2008 / 2009 Superleggera :)