Gps And Rear Tv For Prestige..what Do You Think?

Chris, Where did you mount the GPS receiver and are the radio frequencies spot on the actual station etc?

I had thought about getting the VAIS unit but it's almost half the price of the fly audio considering it also has Ipod connectivity and USB maybe?

My car is off the road at the moment due to a light prang from another car. After the repairs hopefully I can start kicking off this project again.

Jom, Fly has ipod, rca out, usb your standard 6 stacker, dvd, 3.5mm audio jack. ummm. it has it all.

The gps i plan to permanently mount on rear parcel shelf. it works fine i just have to run the cable in a more permanent solution.

I also downloaded tom tom navigation. much more preferable then the one that came with it. ive saved the link let me know if you want it.

radio stations are perfect. no dramas and perfect tuning.

To be honest, i look at it too perfectionistly (like everything i look at). . . if thats even a word unsure.gif . the smallest thing that goes wrong really really annoys me. the only thing that has gone wrong / annoys me is my auto fresh/recycle switch changes every time i start the car. and i can not adjust the auto sensitivity so make sure its on the right setting before you install your machine.

honestly apart from that the unit is freaking awesome for the price. and there was ALOT of indecisiveness on my behalf in making the decision to send the money OS. but was honestly worth it. but take note. i have never used a lexus OEM version so i cant compare but i can say fly is awesome.

I know, I'm like that - I'm a perfectionist as well.

I had a 2010 SL with the newer upgraded navigation for a loan car. The lag annoys me - sometimes I can even hear the disc being read as I drive along. However this looks more promising.

I would probably get the rear camera but from your other thread so say that it's too big?

Good to see you've scored an awesome unit

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, Where did you mount the GPS receiver and are the radio frequencies spot on the actual station etc?

I had thought about getting the VAIS unit but it's almost half the price of the fly audio considering it also has Ipod connectivity and USB maybe?

My car is off the road at the moment due to a light prang from another car. After the repairs hopefully I can start kicking off this project again.

Jom, Fly has ipod, rca out, usb your standard 6 stacker, dvd, 3.5mm audio jack. ummm. it has it all.

The gps i plan to permanently mount on rear parcel shelf. it works fine i just have to run the cable in a more permanent solution.

I also downloaded tom tom navigation. much more preferable then the one that came with it. ive saved the link let me know if you want it.

radio stations are perfect. no dramas and perfect tuning.

To be honest, i look at it too perfectionistly (like everything i look at). . . if thats even a word unsure.gif . the smallest thing that goes wrong really really annoys me. the only thing that has gone wrong / annoys me is my auto fresh/recycle switch changes every time i start the car. and i can not adjust the auto sensitivity so make sure its on the right setting before you install your machine.

honestly apart from that the unit is freaking awesome for the price. and there was ALOT of indecisiveness on my behalf in making the decision to send the money OS. but was honestly worth it. but take note. i have never used a lexus OEM version so i cant compare but i can say fly is awesome.

I know, I'm like that - I'm a perfectionist as well.

I had a 2010 SL with the newer upgraded navigation for a loan car. The lag annoys me - sometimes I can even hear the disc being read as I drive along. However this looks more promising.

I would probably get the rear camera but from your other thread so say that it's too big?

Good to see you've scored an awesome unit

it is big but thats just me (40 - 50mm long and bout 12 mm round). some ppl may not ming seeing it but i would rather the oem look where its hardly seen.

from jaycar your looking at 300 bucks . . . . . i may still be putting the one that came with it lol. i might just paint it silver.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi guys, I am from Singapore and I have just installed this unit too. just wanna check if you guys managed to hook up a 32gb micro SD card? i like to play my mp3 songs from that source but the 4gb card provided is just too small. cheers!

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, just wondering does it bother you that the passenger seatbelt alert is on the driver side?

I have been contemplating on this but that little light on the wrong side kinda puts me off.

Hey guys, just wondering does it bother you that the passenger seatbelt alert is on the driver side?

I have been contemplating on this but that little light on the wrong side kinda puts me off.

Isn't it meant to notify the driver, so that he/she can tell (off) the passenger? For a passenger to sit in a (moving) car, there had better be someone responsible at the wheel!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just ask the installer of my camry unit to see what he can get for this. Have also emailed flyaudio, it seems the latest CPU on these unit is 64MB RAM, nowadays they come with 256MB RAM which would be ... fast!

• 1 year later...

hey guys sorry for the noob questions on this but I've tried searching and havent really found this being covered, maybe it doesnt apply but I want to be sure before i do it;

1. Will videos play when the car is in motion?

2. How do I actually update the software / GPS maps? does the unit have a removeable memory card?

3. I've read that the reverse camera that comes with it is quite large, does anybody have a photo of this installed on a car?

4. From everything I've read, I do not need to cut any wires, everything should plug into the existing harness.... is this also correct for the reverse camera?

5. what is a recycle function? somewhere on here i read that this does not keep everytime you restart the car?

6. Where did you guys actually buy the unit from i've been on the flyaudio site but it doesn't seem to have a shopping cart?

Thanks in advance. Would love to have this installd on my car