So Happy! Got Is250 Brand New Car For The Lowest Price I Would Ne

I am really thrilled as I got a brand new IS250 car a week ago and I am really happy with everything i.e. the car AND the price.

I can definately tell you, the discount calculation I got eventually was around 28% off the RRP (including onroad cost).

I am curious to know what price you got it for IS250 for brand new car? I know that the price varies since you may got a normal presteige model or with sunroof or the enhancement pack or luxury model etc, so for the time being, let's forget about the price but rather the % of discount instead. So how much % discount did you get for IS250 before?

Or what is the MAXIMUM discount you ever haggled for any brand new car, doesn't have to be this model or any car (for brand new)?

Before I made the purchase, alot of them say its around 10-15% but I personally believe you can go deeper provided you do alot of homework, have strong mindset, be patient and not being impulsive & falling love with the car straight away etc and all those hard work eventually paid off.

I am really thrilled as I got a brand new IS250 car a week ago and I am really happy with everything i.e. the car AND the price.

I can definately tell you, the discount calculation I got eventually was around 28% off the RRP (including onroad cost).

I am curious to know what price you got it for IS250 for brand new car? I know that the price varies since you may got a normal presteige model or with sunroof or the enhancement pack or luxury model etc, so for the time being, let's forget about the price but rather the % of discount instead. So how much % discount did you get for IS250 before?

Or what is the MAXIMUM discount you ever haggled for any brand new car, doesn't have to be this model or any car (for brand new)?

Before I made the purchase, alot of them say its around 10-15% but I personally believe you can go deeper provided you do alot of homework, have strong mindset, be patient and not being impulsive & falling love with the car straight away etc and all those hard work eventually paid off.

Yes...you're right. I, in fact, once haggled on a new car so much that they finally paid me to take it. It was a fantastic deal. I got the car PLUS $15k!!! Anyone who actually pays out for a car is mad.

Yes...you're right. I, in fact, once haggled on a new car so much that they finally paid me to take it. It was a fantastic deal. I got the car PLUS $15k!!! Anyone who actually pays out for a car is mad.

Sorry what you mean by you got the car plus $15K?? You mean you got $xxx deal and they pay you a further extra $15K to take it? I mean if they accept your asking price offer, why would they be willing to give you an additional $15K to take the car? Doesn't make sense to me? Unless I have been misunderstood your meaning?

I paid $61,000 for prestige model, with sun roof and Nav system, and also tint window. Is that a good price?? That's brand new, but was built 2009 dec.

I would say its a pretty good deal but not the lowest I have seen ^^

The part in bold, apart from being superfluous to the rest of the statement, sounds like you're REALLY DEFINATELY trying to get us to believe you.

Not saying I don't, I actually do. However there will be more to the price than just discount, something like the scenario explained below perhaps.

So RRP on an IS250 Sports Lux is $84,914.

A 28% discount will leave you with a balance of $61,138.08

Now without a trade in....that is not possible as a straight out cash price.

You'll get that level of discount when the following happens

hell_freeze.jpg :D

With a trade in then things are different. It is financially beneficial to write the price of both the new car and the trade down from what they really are.

For example:

An $80,000 IS250 with a trade in worth $30,000 is a $50,000 balance.

However if you write the trade in at only $20,000($10k less than its real value) and drop the new car by the same $10,000 then the balance should still be $50,000 right?

Wrong... It will be less than $47,000. Because you're paying Luxury Car Tax(33%) on $70k instead $80k. 33% of $10,000 the tax department now doesn't get.

If you write your $30k trade even lower at $10k($20k below value) then the new car also drops $20k plus the nearly $7,000 tax saved.

So your $80,000 new car now appears on the invoice at $53,000 .which is a price that could never be achieved without the write down on the trade in.

When doing this though you are at risk of falling foul with the Tax Office.

Congratulations on the new Lexus Michael and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club. If you're in Sydney hopefully we'll see you at the cruise that ilv1004s is organising. We think it is happening this month...hopefully.

would lexus ever do that? with a trade in?

we're gonna be trading out RX330 which is worth around $30,000

thanks

The part in bold, apart from being superfluous to the rest of the statement, sounds like you're REALLY DEFINATELY trying to get us to believe you.

Not saying I don't, I actually do. However there will be more to the price than just discount, something like the scenario explained below perhaps.

So RRP on an IS250 Sports Lux is $84,914.

A 28% discount will leave you with a balance of $61,138.08

Now without a trade in....that is not possible as a straight out cash price.

You'll get that level of discount when the following happens

hell_freeze.jpgbiggrin.gif

With a trade in then things are different. It is financially beneficial to write the price of both the new car and the trade down from what they really are.

For example:

An $80,000 IS250 with a trade in worth $30,000 is a $50,000 balance.

However if you write the trade in at only $20,000($10k less than its real value) and drop the new car by the same $10,000 then the balance should still be $50,000 right?

Wrong... It will be less than $47,000. Because you're paying Luxury Car Tax(33%) on $70k instead $80k. 33% of $10,000 the tax department now doesn't get.

If you write your $30k trade even lower at $10k($20k below value) then the new car also drops $20k plus the nearly $7,000 tax saved.

So your $80,000 new car now appears on the invoice at $53,000 .which is a price that could never be achieved without the write down on the trade in.

When doing this though you are at risk of falling foul with the Tax Office.

ROFL laugh.gif love it. can definately tell you, complex but simple. around about way.

Congratulations on the new Lexus Michael and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club. If you're in Sydney hopefully we'll see you at the cruise that ilv1004s is organising. We think it is happening this month...hopefully.

lol the month is getting on tongue.gif

Was that you Aircon lol hows the car now