Hi guys,

Been reading on here on/off past few weeks some good info, thanks to all.

Got a few questions of my own:

1. SPRINGS

Im looking to lower my IS just a little,

whats the best result you guys have seen, visually an d ride quality?

Price paid, wheres best reseller of stock in OZ?

2. RACKS

This may sound silly but theres times when ill need racks as will

need to carry surfboards and would rather nit put them through the car.

Anyone looking to sell Lexus racks?

Are lexus best looking on the IS?

3. HID KIT

Wheres best place to get this installed in OZ? Or Gold Coast?

4. INTAKE or EXHAUST

Looking for a little more raw audible.

Whats the best results you guys have seen so far?

Read a lot about f-sport etc?

Is everyone shipping in from US or are there OZ stockists?

5. SWAYBARS

I come from a WRX background and appreciate this part alot.

Ive read the Sports Luxury have upgraded Sways which i dont have.

Where can i find this part and does anyone know what $$$ were talking.

Thanks very much for any help?

Jesse

Hi guys,

Been reading on here on/off past few weeks some good info, thanks to all.

2. RACKS

This may sound silly but theres times when ill need racks as will

need to carry surfboards and would rather nit put them through the car.

Anyone looking to sell Lexus racks?

Are lexus best looking on the IS?

3. HID KIT

Wheres best place to get this installed in OZ? Or Gold Coast?

4. INTAKE or EXHAUST

Looking for a little more raw audible.

Whats the best results you guys have seen so far?

Read a lot about f-sport etc?

Is everyone shipping in from US or are there OZ stockists?

Hey Jesse and welcome.

I can't comment on the springs or sway bars, it's not something that I have looked into enough.

- Racks, I'm not a fan of the look and would recommend not doing it purely to save the looks. They're too nice a car to do that to it. But each to their own.

- HID, I would look at doing this yourself to save $$$, you can pick up a decent kit from Arco Imports for under $200. He will send them nationally.

There are some decent How To's on Club Lexus, but can't find it at the moment.

- Intake, most are US imports, the only genuine local F-Sport suppliers would be the Lexus dealers and would charge an absolute fortune. Best again to buy direct and install yourself. Look on eBay or Sewell.

Good luck with it all and we'd be keen to see some pics.

Hi mate,

Welcome!!

Just to add to Franky' post -

Springs - All depends on what look you are after. (Aggressive or just that sporty drop)

I bought the Eibach's as -

1) Not too aggressive but lower than the F-sports

2) A better ride quality then the Teins but just not as low. (Teins springs are great but a little firm)!

They are probably the most popular until you look into coilovers. H&R have a really good spring too if you are after an even greater drop!

You can get the Teins in Oz through one of the distributors like Fulcrum. They are in QLD from memory as well. About the $600 mark.

Intake - I have the F-Sport. You achieve a deep throatie sound with the F-Sport. Personally, I don't think you can match it!!! (Absolutely awesome) The takeda is popular as well but I will let one of the boys that have it installed like Danny or Chris comment on that one!

Exhaust - Im not a great fan. Nothing worse then having that exhaust drone when you are driving a luxury vehicle. With the intake, yeh different sound but atleast its only there when you put the foot down! Lets face it, you ain't after a power gain otherwise you would still have the turbo!!

The F-Sport stuff like Franky mentioned you generally get from OS. (Sewells is the place)!

You will find the F-Sport sway bar there too! As for non oem sways, Cevu here is the best to ask as he has found one in particular to be pretty crap!!

Again, fulcrum suspension for local stuff!!

HIDS - I bought mine from a member here who actually bought them from Arco Imports as well. Like Paul, I have had absolutely no problems with them.

Easy to install!

Roof racks - Sorry, can't help....................Im sure one of the members here will help with that one!!!

I hope this helps. You will find a suspension topic I started a long time ago if you dig through the posts.......... You will find the most common there!!

Enjoy!!!

I have the F-Sport Pack and managed to pick up an F-Sport Intake from Lexus of Chatswood for about $700 shipped to Melbourne. Luckily they had one left in stock but did say they have imported these and other F-Sport parts from the US when the exchange rate has been kind. The dealer I purchased the car from was good enough to install for me FOC but in reality it is something most could tackle with success in 30 mins or so. Having owned an 06 Sports for three years without this mod I would highly recommend - the induction growl above 3500 really gives the car a bit more personality.

I also recently just replaced the rear stock resonators with straight through Magnaflows with 4" stainless steel tips ($650 installed) after endlessly researching branded axle-back options available out of the US. The shipping charges on these systems are pretty frightening and IMHO not worth it given minimal power gains. I was also concerned about drone which does appear to be a problem with all systems. This Magnaflows gives you a deeper and louder exhaust note lower in the rev range but must admit are pretty much drowned out by the intake higher up. Drone? Coming from a WRX you'd probably laugh at a Lexus driver's definition of drone but the tall gearing does result in a small amount under load when in higher gears. Driving with the paddles does help alleviate/almost eliminate this.

All up, very happy with this combination.

I have the F-Sport Pack and managed to pick up an F-Sport Intake from Lexus of Chatswood for about $700 shipped to Melbourne.

So it's probably not a good idea to let you know now that you can get these on eBay for around $320 ($AU) + approx $100 shipping.

$320 AU + $100 AU for genuine F-Sport intake - not the eBay sellers I'm looking at. More like $500 + $220 AU. O was pretty convinced I couldn't land it here much cheaper off eBay but happy to be proven wrong.

I would concede the intake is over priced considering other perfectly good options (JoeZ, Takeda) but remember you are also getting a redesigned lower intake box and performance filter in the price. The F-Sport badge on the tube also looks mighty good lurking beneath the engine cover!!

$320 AU + $100 AU for genuine F-Sport intake - not the eBay sellers I'm looking at. More like $500 + $220 AU. O was pretty convinced I couldn't land it here much cheaper off eBay but happy to be proven wrong.

LEXUS IS250 / IS350 F-SPORT PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE

$299 (US) / with current exchange rate - around $320 AU.

... correction - shipping around $70 US ($76AU).

My next mod...

LOL guys let stay on the topic

1.Springs

It all depends what you are after Since your from a WRX background (performance minded) i'd say Coilovers mate

BC coilovers u can get a set for around 1.3K these days

or just the normal spring options Tein,Eibach,F sport ETc

2.Racks OEM factory Racks i v seen on ebay b4 they went for 100 bucks i think.

Or you can try Thule racks they seem to make racks for every car lol

3.HID kit

on this u can spend 500 on a kit or 70 bucks for a EBay kit

on my frist is250 i had the eBay HID kit for 70 bucks lasted me over a year with no problems

but now i have a sports model with comes with oem hid's so dont need em.

4.Intake Exhaust

Inake

Injen

Fsport

Takeda

or ebay stuff

Wat ever flaots your boat and Money!! lol

i went for the Takeda as it is a SRI system (short Ram Intake) but comes with a headshield that acts like a enclosed box with the engine covers on.

Iv had the F sport Intake b4 on my first IS250

It was great but wasnt loud enough and i didnt feel much gain with it

but with the Takeda i def felt some difference on the top end (bum Dyno)

Exhaust.

Tanabe

HKS

F sport

Greddy

Fujitsubo

Kakimoto

Keep in mind they are Axle back systems

so mid pipes you can change as well to make it a full cat back system (megan/Invidia)

but most gains will come from headers

5.Sway bars

few company's that make sway bars not many though

F sport and some other US company but can remember

ill dig it up for you

Ill be trying to F sport sways and Chassis brace soon so

ill let u know how that goes