So I bought my IS250 Prestige (With Enhancement pack) in August 2009 from the 1st owner.

I do have all the paperwork (Somewhere) but before I turn the house upside down to find it I thought that I'd pose the question here.

2007 IS250 with 80k on the clock.

The car is a few months under 3 years old (From 1st purchase).

Could I just take the car in to a LEXUS Service Centre (Chatswood I expect) to check whether it is still covered under warranty?

The car has the cold start intermittent rattle, and after looking at that thread I see that it is a serious mechanic job.

Any advice appreciated.

(We've been doing renovations, so the paperwork could be stored anywhere....)

You could probably just ring up Lexus Aust and find out - 1800 023 009.

I'd probably even ask about extending the warranty. I'd be interested in what costs are involved.

Of course your car is still under factory warranty. The registration and VIN will be on Lexus' database, so each vehicle and its service and repair history will be on Lexus' files. The factory warranty is 4 years from date of registration and is fully transferable with the vehicle.

I purchased my 2006 Prestige through Melb City Lexus and the factory warranty is expiring in a few weeks. So for $2,000 ($1,830 + GST), I've extended the factory warranty a further three years (up to 150,000 kms in total - ie. once/if the vehicle goes over 150k, the warranty then expires).

It's a full factory warranty, provided by Lexus Australia (not some 3rd party provider) but excludes Encore privileges (including roadside assistance) and interior trim materials. Other than that, its a full factory warranty for a period of 7 years as the warranty is transferable with the vehicle. Handy if/when the time comes to sell the vehicle.

Not bad value I think for two grand. Not sure if its offered across all Lexus dealerships, but Id be guessing it would be available Australia-wide.

So for $2,000 ($1,830 + GST), I've extended the factory warranty a further three years (up to 150,000 kms in total - ie. once/if the vehicle goes over 150k, the warranty then expires).

It's a full factory warranty, provided by Lexus Australia (not some 3rd party provider) but excludes Encore privileges (including roadside assistance) and interior trim materials. Other than that, its a full factory warranty for a period of 7 years as the warranty is transferable with the vehicle. Handy if/when the time comes to sell the vehicle.

Good info. I did not know that.