hey guys

i was driving tonight and i noticed sometimes when i brake, a squeaky high pitched sound comes from the brakes (front ones i think)

my mum thinks we should change the brakes, but its only done 27,900km's and i thought brakes should last around 50,000km's

i dont know that much and i dont wanna get ripped off by changing brakes for no reason,

if you guys could tell me wat to change or wat to do i would really appreciate it

im thinking i need to change the pads or something, not the whole thing tho

thanks

Don't worry about it. Brakes only slow you down. :lol:

Could be lots of things. Dirt, worn pads, pad material, dry backing plates (if an IS has them). Just go to a Lexus dealer. I've always found them to be very good and honest over the years...of course, I might have been lucky.

How many threads can you start on the one car?????

Yeah yeah....excited......OMGGGGGGGGG...we get it.

Please can you stick everything related to your car in one thread.....we can even have a thread just for you..

Oh and congrats.....not on the squeaky brakes but on the car...OMGGGGG! :lol:

How many threads can you start on the one car?????

Young kids these days! smile.gif

lol he hasnt found the search bit on the page i think. lol.

but then again forums are for asking questions. lol.

ive made my fair share of dumb posts lol.

sorry guys

i cant seem to find how to delete a topic so i guess i'll just have to wait for it to disappear when everyone stops posting on it, lol

hey guys

i was driving tonight and i noticed sometimes when i brake, a squeaky high pitched sound comes from the brakes (front ones i think)

my mum thinks we should change the brakes, but its only done 27,900km's and i thought brakes should last around 50,000km's

i dont know that much and i dont wanna get ripped off by changing brakes for no reason,

if you guys could tell me wat to change or wat to do i would really appreciate it

im thinking i need to change the pads or something, not the whole thing tho

thanks

Mate it could be just dust built up,

Tell you what ,Since you live in Sydney ,i could have a quick look at it for you if you wish , (Im a qualified Mechanic of 11 yrs)

Would love to check out your ride anyway .

Let me know via PM.

~RichieISF~