"come Home" Lights

I'd really like my Lexus to turn its external lights on when I click my remote key (like my Benz). It should also leave the lights on for a minute or so after stopping.

I don't think it's possible on the 2006 RX, but has anybody seen or used anything like this?

I'd really like my Lexus to turn its external lights on when I click my remote key (like my Benz). It should also leave the lights on for a minute or so after stopping.

I don't think it's possible on the 2006 RX, but has anybody seen or used anything like this?

Hi Poisson,

I'm not sure about the external lights being able to be turned on when the remote is pressed. I think this is hooked up to the alarm from factory and not sure if there is an option to change it. Saying to that however, there is an option to leave the headlights on for a minute or so after stopping. It's part of the "Lexus Personalised Settings". I believe one of the options allows the lights to be left on for up to 60 or 90 seconds after you have turned off the car and opened the door. It has to be done through the dealer I believe.

I will be going to the dealer to have a few options changed on my 330 (i.e. power door can activate without having to unlock the whole car first). I will also get to see what other things can be changed etc.

Thanks Will. I'd be interested in what they say. I looked under Lexus personalised settings in the manual and didn't see any mention of the lights.

My Mercedes turns on the lights when you press the remote as you approach the vehicle and leaves them on for a while after you stop. It's a small thing, but I miss not having it on the Lexus. On the Mercedes it's easily configured from the user menu - no need to take it back to the dealer. Maybe Benz give their owners more credit for intelligence than the average Japanese car company? ;)

Regards

Paul

My ego trip

Thanks Will. I'd be interested in what they say. I looked under Lexus personalised settings in the manual and didn't see any mention of the lights.

My Mercedes turns on the lights when you press the remote as you approach the vehicle and leaves them on for a while after you stop. It's a small thing, but I miss not having it on the Lexus. On the Mercedes it's easily configured from the user menu - no need to take it back to the dealer. Maybe Benz give their owners more credit for intelligence than the average Japanese car company? ;)

Regards

Paul

My ego trip

Hey Paul,

I am intending on heading down to the dealers next week after work so that I can go through the options list with them and configure what I would like. Will post back once done. You're also correct, sometimes it's the little things that count. For me, it's the halo of the 3 binnacles after you have unlocked the car and they glow so expectantly :D

• 2 weeks later...