Given the amounts members have clearly invested in their vehicles I'm a little surprised there has been so little discussion on header installs here in Oz. From what I read on Club Lexus, headers deliver by far the best 'HP gain' bang for your buck and that should mean something to IS250 owners (obviously 2nd gen IS owners here in Oz).

I'm sure I remember at least one ALOC member having Mazzuri headers installed but understand these are no longer being manufactured (though possibly available 2nd hand).

Posts on Club Lexus indicate a number of companies are currently manufacturing systems for the IS250 - some of these can currently be purchased on eBay (eg. Megan) but PPE ceramic headers from PPE Engineering out of the US have recently caught my eye.

Suffice to say I am keen to see if we can open up the channels a bit on this topic. I would be really interested to hear from those who have headers currently installed on their IS250 and those who have done some research on the topic. Particularly interested in the following:

* Cost/degree of difficulty to install - how many 'shops' could have a crack at this locally.

* Performance improvements - before and after dynos would be nice but seat of your pants accounts also very welcome

* Any negatives ie. significantly increased NVH, engine management warning lights

* Views/Experineces on how this mod affects your warranty

With the AUD currently so strong, now might be the right time for us to look at a group buy of the best hardware (PPE or other) out of the US if enough were keen.

Anyway, looking forward to your replies.

yes cevu on here has mazzuri headers.. on his 250

good gains

im also looking into PPE headers but not for the 250 lol

i got bigger and better things to spend on the car than headers atm

cevu told me it was around 300 to get it installed by castlehill exhaust.

only problem you might have is the 02 sensor

but cev hasnt had any proboems yet

thiese set of headrers are suppose to give you around 10-15 hp gain at the wheels

yes cevu on here has mazzuri headers.. on his 250

good gains

im also looking into PPE headers but not for the 250 lol

i got bigger and better things to spend on the car than headers atm

cevu told me it was around 300 to get it installed by castlehill exhaust.

only problem you might have is the 02 sensor

but cev hasnt had any proboems yet

thiese set of headrers are suppose to give you around 10-15 hp gain at the wheels

Saw your post on CL re. PPE headers for sale so not surprised to see you post a reply to this topic.

$300 install via Castlehill Exhaust sounds a little cheap but I gather Cevu has been happy since.

More to follow I hope.

yeah just looking at the options atm

i might be going FI or motor conversion

**edit**

with the headers you will loose that distinct V6 growl

it'll be very honda like exhaust notie after the headers

The PPE vid on youtube indicates a pretty impressive muscle car roar with their headers on board - albeit from an IS350.

With sports intake and Magnaflows already fitted to mine I'd be a little concerned the end result could be just a little too raucous.

Still, an extra 10-15 HP seems so right for this car and if installation could be had for less than $500 the $$$s don't seem too frigthening either.

The PPE vid on youtube indicates a pretty impressive muscle car roar with their headers on board - albeit from an IS350.

With sports intake and Magnaflows already fitted to mine I'd be a little concerned the end result could be just a little too raucous.

Still, an extra 10-15 HP seems so right for this car and if installation could be had for less than $500 the $$$s don't seem too frigthening either.

well i thought 300 was expensive but i really wanted it done properly so opted to go with castle hill exhaust.

not sure about PPE but vaguely remembering reading good things about them. didn't follow too much into it as i already had headers.

at the time i bought mine only megan and mazzuri had headers but going off clublexus and my.is only the mazzuri had dyno proven gains. nothing was ever presented for megan and from

what i've read megan is a bit of a budget brand anyway! not really something that should be on a lexus although i'm sure a few ppl will disagree.

the headers were accomapanied by a sim to wire in and this elminieates any CEL's. id did drive around without the sim for about 2 hours but the CEL tripped about 30 mins in. so you do need it!

never had it dynoed myself but i remember after i picked up the car the first thing i noticed is how much more quickly the revs climbed. def more agressive but nothing to write home about! still a gain is a gain!