Best Motor Oil For Long Distance Driving

Hi all

I was wondering what the BEST motor oil to use for a 2007 Lexus IS250 that's done 36,000km's.

This is for Perth temperatures that range 0 - 50 Celcius (cold winters morning to a hot summer day under the sun)

I normally drive long stretches at a time instead of city start-stop traffic.

Recommendations about specific manufacturer + type would be great eg. "Mobil 1 5W-30"

Thanks!

Adrian

If memory serves me, there's a chart in the back of the owners manual that has suggested oil viscosities for certain operating temperatures. As a base mark, it'd probably be best to go for the highest quality oil you can afford in the range that is recommended for you.

As for qualities of oil, there's a wealth of info on the Bob is the Oil Guy forums including KV/shearing resistance info which may be what you're looking for.

If memory serves me, there's a chart in the back of the owners manual that has suggested oil viscosities for certain operating temperatures. As a base mark, it'd probably be best to go for the highest quality oil you can afford in the range that is recommended for you.

As for qualities of oil, there's a wealth of info on the Bob is the Oil Guy forums including KV/shearing resistance info which may be what you're looking for.

thanks. did have a look at the owners manual.

SAE 5W - 30 was recommended.

According to the Mobil website: "Mobil 1 is chosen for factory fill by more auto manufacturers than any other oil brand in the world"

Buy a big bottle and ask Lexus service or your mechanic to use it. Saves some $ that way during servicing.