• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I'm an es300 owner. 93 model.

You?

Hey We got 2 Gav's and 3 Matts Already...lol :lol: and we only have 36 members...lol ;)hey gav L Welcome to the club, make sure to do the poll and let us knwo who you are in the "where are you from" thread in gen dis section...welcome and enjoy...!!!

Matt

Hi gav and other ES owners:

I also have an ES300 @home (94 model, Red mica) It's has done nearly 12,000kms now. The car doesnt have any performance mod.

Although I drive a 02 IS200 6MT as my daily driver now, I still enjoy the quietness, comfortness of ES300 when I drive it.

I put on a set of 215/60/15 Yokohama A539 tyres on a few months ago. They make a huge improvement when brake hard! I Strongly recommand to upgrade ur tyres to that size if u still want to keep 15" rims. The only down side about that tyre is it's not as quiet as other standard passenger tyres.

Our ES 300 didnt have any major problem. One thing I didnt like now is that the headlight seems to be not bright enough. It looks like there's a layer of fume stuck on the projector lens surface which I couldnt reach and clean. I have tried some aftermarket bulbs, but no improvement.

what do you guys think? common problem for older cars?

Hi gav and other ES owners:

I also have an ES300 @home (94 model, Red mica) It's has done nearly 12,000kms now. The car doesnt have any performance mod.

Although I drive a 02 IS200 6MT as my daily driver now, I still enjoy the quietness, comfortness of ES300 when I drive it.

I put on a set of 215/60/15 Yokohama A539 tyres on a few months ago. They make a huge improvement when brake hard! I Strongly recommand to upgrade ur tyres to that size if u still want to keep 15" rims. The only down side about that tyre is it's not as quiet as other standard passenger tyres.

Our ES 300 didnt have any major problem. One thing I didnt like now is that the headlight seems to be not bright enough. It looks like there's a layer of fume stuck on the projector lens surface which I couldnt reach and clean. I have tried some aftermarket bulbs, but no improvement.

what do you guys think? common problem for older cars?

Hey SSML:

Never knew that you also have a ES300, a real lexus lover, i like...:D

Matt

• 1 month later...

oh well thought i would say hi

although i am in Canada

just dropping over from the USA forums

if you have ES troubles come on by we have a ton runnning around

the headlight problem is common on a car that has had condensation in the light for a while without it being fixed

only way to fix it is to open the assembly up and clean it

usually needs an oven to soften the ureathane enough to get it apart

then resilicone when done

usually it is the bulbs that make them inadequate , as they do tend to fog

oh well thought i would say hi

although i am in Canada

just dropping over from the USA forums

if you have ES troubles come on by we have a ton runnning around

the headlight problem is common on a car that has had condensation in the light for a while without it being fixed

only way to fix it is to open the assembly up and clean it

usually needs an oven to soften the ureathane enough to get it apart

then resilicone when done

usually it is the bulbs that make them inadequate , as they do tend to fog

Thanks dude, thanks for offering our help, I m sure our member will find it helpful...:D

Matt

• 2 years later...

Hi BoyZ,

My name is Alex and I am her with my ES 300 year 2000.

Everething is seem to be perfectly well apart from the fuel consumption!???

I can hardly drive 350k on 70L petrol tank??!!!! It's like 20L/100km!!!! What is going on and what would be the members recomendations please?

Kind regards,

Alex (Lex)

• 4 months later...
Hi Guys

I am new fish in the pond! However got ES 300 1993 model since last year.

:P

B) Welcome to the club

Hi Guys

So how is your 1993 ES going in relation to petrol?

Hi Guys

B) Welcome to the club

Hi Guys

So how is your 1993 ES going in relation to petrol?

Thanx.

I haven't checked about mileage recently. But in busy city conditions, it was giving me around 8 k's a liter. However it gives knockings especially while car is standing at signals. I don't know why?

cheers

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys ... just bought a pristine ES300 Windom with 148000 kms on clock,cambelt just done,sunroof....cost $1200 $NZ. Cd stacker in boot and even original(in Jap) manual. Sadly tho stereo display works ok there is no sounds and stacker flap only opens(stacker cassette doesn't eject) :unsure: - any clues? Cheers Richard

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey, are there any other ES owners out there?

Hi, I am a ES owner.. I'm located in QLD. I just bought mine. Where do you get your car services. Do you advise to take it to a lexus sevice centre, or it okay to have it services at a regular mechanice. Many thanks for your help.

Ricky