What a co-incidence. I actually had a rx350 yesterday for a day to test drive whilst my car was being serviced. I was a little underwhelmed by the new rx tbh.

Whilst the ride was refined, the exhaust note I found was intrusive. I don't like or maybe I'm not used to the remote touch system and the ergonomics of the dash didn't Do it for me.

The memory seats were a welcome addition but the lack of heated cooling seats meant the leather was non perforated and looked very plain.

I did have a look at the ct when I was there but it's too small. A nice package though.

I've also been looking at a kluger grande and it ticks all the boxes (except memory seats and lines on the reversing camera) but at over $20k less it represents much better value.

I've Been trying to justify the extra $20k to get theLexus but at the end if the day, whilst I have really enjoyed the Lexus experience, I don't think the rx is $20k better then the kluger (styling aside).

I've also been looking at 2nd hand ml500s (too old in my price range and no keyless system), the new jeep grand Cherokee v8 (qustiionable reliabilty) and am still considering an xc60 (but a friend just bought one). Most likely I will go for the kluger grande though.

Its a real shame that lexus dont actually do a "affordable" "family car" yet.

with the prices of the ct200h i think that lexus luxury vehicles will soon become more affordable.

Although i havent looked at future vehicles recently. If lexus joined the "estate" car trend like the other competitors i think it will be a great family car.

I would certainly be interested in a lexus estate car. im sure it would be very stylish.

lexus dont actually do a "affordable" "family car" yet.

They do....they're called Toyotas.

A bit like saying Bentley don't do a good dual cab ute. lol

Affordable car companies such as Toyota, Holden, Ford etc and Luxury car companies such as BMW, Audi Lexus etc are aimed at different parts of the market.

The sales guy was saying the ct is drawing a whole new crowd. At 40kish it is excellent value for what you get. I would consider it i as a young couple with no kids.

Re a family car, I think the rx is good value for a premium brand (especially compared to the euros) but it isn't worth the premium over the kluger. The kluger whilst being the top of the range isn't quite in that premium league yet But for 20k less I'll stick with it for now.