picked these babies up yesterday

fresh from japan YO!!

Picture228.jpg

this is just a basic guide i didnt have time to take any fotos and im not god at wiring these kinda stuff

so step 1

Picture231.jpg

take off all the covers and such in the engine bay

then undo your wheels

Picture232.jpg

Picture236circles.jpg

undo the nut that connects the shocks and the lower control arm

ad jack the control arm to get the sway bar bushings out

all the bits i'v circled in you must undo.. and pop the hub out

Picture233circles.jpg

Picture234circles.jpg

undo these nuts on the top of the strut tower

then take the shock out an replace the OEM shocks with the new springs

and reverse the order te assemble

Step 2

For the rears

Picture238.jpg

take out the rear interior as such

Picture239circles.jpg

loosen and take out the circled bits

loosen and take out the 3 bolts that hold the shcks/hub and sway bar mounts

but u only have to loosen the nut thats on the lower subframe (circled)

Picture240circles.jpg

once u have done so this will happen

Picture241.jpg

to get the shocks out there are 2 bolts that hold the shocks to the chassis of the car

they are under a dust cover and u need to undo the 2 small nuts to access the shocks

once u have taken out the cover you will see this

Picture243circle.jpg

undo the circled bolts.

take out the shocks and fit th new sprins in and reverse the order for assembly

Picture244.jpg

and this is how my car looks right now

from this height

IS-1.jpg

to....

This!!

Picture245.jpg

Is it an even finger gap front and back?? Do you think that you will have to roll the guards or you have definately put it through its paces with no scrub!?!?!?! Like I said man, if you can post a close up pic of the wheel arch's, atleast then we will all know what type of drop to expect from the Teins ST's. Then when Cevu gets the F-sports on, we can get a reference for them as well. QQQ, can you post a close up pick of the Eibach's drop!!

Thanks y'all!!!

Is it an even finger gap front and back?? Do you think that you will have to roll the guards or you have definately put it through its paces with no scrub!?!?!?! Like I said man, if you can post a close up pic of the wheel arch's, atleast then we will all know what type of drop to expect from the Teins ST's. Then when Cevu gets the F-sports on, we can get a reference for them as well. QQQ, can you post a close up pick of the Eibach's drop!!

Thanks y'all!!!

haha...... and there it is again...... my fsport springs get a mention! :-)

ilvs004, damn nice job! thanks for the writeup. will definitely come in handy at some stage!

looks real good, but close ups would be great when u get a chance!

just in time to show it off for the 25th :-)

Thanks y'all!!!

ilvs004, damn nice job! thanks for the writeup. will definitely come in handy at some stage!

C'mon man, im cheer'n for ya!!! U be the only one here ride'n with the F-Sport springs!!! ;) If cash is an issue, why don't the 3 of us hook up and do the springs together!! Ilv is an expert now!!! We could probably do it the night of the formal!!! You down???

Thanks y'all!!!

C'mon man, im cheer'n for ya!!! U be the only one here ride'n with the F-Sport springs!!! ;) If cash is an issue, why don't the 3 of us hook up and do the springs together!! Ilv is an expert now!!! We could probably do it the night of the formal!!! You down???

appreciate the offer projectis but savin for fsport shocks as well so i'm going to get them down in one go! cmon! i did the headers...... now i get a break!

than i'll be back with the fsport springs/shocks combo! :-)