Hi guys,

I'm new to this. Please give me some comments. I'm thinking to upgrade from my oem 16" to 17" or 18". But I was told that 17" is probably better because its more comfortable and looks nicer without lowering. 18" only looks nice when lowered. Is that true? Anyone can post some photos for me and drop a line or two? My body is black and thinking of a silver rim.

Thanks guys.

Oem wheels come in 18"

Ill go 18 or 19 "

Number of us run 18" with coilovers

My honest opinion is 18" is too small as the is body makes the wheels small

If ur not going to lower it run 18" factory alloys

well, if you do get rims, i would go 18's or 19's

also, if you get new rims, and wanna sell your OEM 16's, put em up for sale here, i might need the two rear ones, hehehehehehehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

19" mate..don't waste ur time with anytihng else...if you are getting rims already go for the best...

What kind of offset would you go for?

How abt tyres?

Cheers

19" mate..don't waste ur time with anytihng else...if you are getting rims already go for the best...

Agreed! As much as 18" is an improvement over those ghey looking 16s, 19" is a lot better! It really fills up the wheel arches fully. Going 20 would be obscene though (I was tempted haha). IS has a really fat rear quarter, big rims suit it very nicely!

Here are my 19s. Mind you optically they look smaller due to the deep dish, so probably not the best example. Maybe somoene with no dish rims can post theirs up (there is a thread somewhere with people's pictures of their rims), but if you imagine my rim's spokes to be touching the edge of the rim, it would look a lot bigger optically.

2ypexde.jpg

20s aren't obscene at all :P

I've got 20x10 on the rear of mine with 275 rubber.

Fits perfectly without any scrubbing or guard massaging.

You just need the correct offset (+45mm).

Looks delicious from behind too :)

after my drop (coming soon) I'm gonna be getting 20s looking at vossen, or might the ones on my mates 2gs

20s aren't obscene at all :P

I've got 20x10 on the rear of mine with 275 rubber.

Fits perfectly without any scrubbing or guard massaging.

You just need the correct offset (+45mm).

Looks delicious from behind too :)

What are you running up front? I have 19x8.5's +45 ET with 235/35 rubber, and it *just* clears the guards

Thinking of changing the rims to something lighter and better looking, but I'm tossing up whether to go an 8inch or 8.5 again with 225 rubber to give it a tiny stretch. I would have gone an 8 this time, except that the style I got doesn't come in an 8 up front.

Nice to see someone else sportin 275's out back... I have 275 KU31's on 9.5 wide rims... Looks phat :)

19" looks to be the perfect size. I'm trying to save for rotiform but keep spending my money.

I'll have to settle with 18" for now.. got plenty of room for 19"

I've seen some 20" rims on the IS and it looks weird compared to the ones that have a bodykit + 20".

i got 20x8.5 on the front and 20x 10 on the back - lowered with king springs - doesnt scrape at all - i drive my car for work and do about 20000 klms a year and the ride is perfect, a mate of mine commented on the ride and said it doesnt even feel as if the car is lowered with 20's on it

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8372&st=60

pics are on page 7

hope this helps