Hi All,

In the last couple of weeks i have noticed this small rattle in the dash on the right hand side of the steering wheel somewhere around the air went...while i am on the freeway you can only hear it sometimes but on a bumpy road you can hear it pretty much all the time. I have tried pushing in around that area to see if its going to stop but it hasn't worked. I not that loud, sound 'plasticie', but loud enough to annoy the F out of you. If you are like me i had HATE when stuff rattles while i drive, it annoys the hell out of me especially when want to have a nice quite drive...

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions. The car is still under warranty so i called LEXUS, felt a bit stupid but i though what the heck i got nothing to loose.. and since LEXUS proud them selfs on the quality and quietness of the ride i thought stuff it i will mention it to them and maybe/hopefully that can do something about it.

i am taking the car in on Friday...fingers crossed...

Lexus should fix all rattles. I had a couple of annoying ones too, took it back, they fixed it, now all happy.

There wasn't any resistance to fix it or anything, they were quite accommodating. You shoudl be fine.

Lexus should fix all rattles. I had a couple of annoying ones too, took it back, they fixed it, now all happy.

There wasn't any resistance to fix it or anything, they were quite accommodating. You shoudl be fine.

oh thats great :) ...good to hear i am not the only one....thanks for the heads up mate...much appreciated..will let you know how i go on Friday.....

had some rattles in the left corner of my dash. Lexus of parammatta had to remove my entire dash and replace the clips. All good after that.

Moon roof is rattling now but apparently from reading the forums, the common fix is to lubricate the thing. Let us know how you go after Friday.

Moon roof is rattling now but apparently from reading the forums, the common fix is to lubricate the thing. Let us know how you go after Friday.

I'm getting that too. Do you know what lube I can use? I can't be bothered driving up to a dealer for something this simple. They usually fix it each service, but 15K kays is too long in between and I get noises half way through my service schedule, I tend to open/close it few times each day so lube wears out quickly.

Definitly will let u know!!! I have also got a small rattle on d left hand side which tends to phase in and out... Thank you for ur input bro...

I'm getting that too. Do you know what lube I can use? I can't be bothered driving up to a dealer for something this simple. They usually fix it each service, but 15K kays is too long in between and I get noises half way through my service schedule, I tend to open/close it few times each day so lube wears out quickly.

Sorry not sure actually. Read a post somewhere about it together with squeaky seats.

Same here. I keep sending it in during the 15k service. Never really asked where to lube and what to use. Sending mine in again in 4000k, so will definitely find out this time. But if anyone else has done this before, please share. :)

Don't quote me on this, and don't get upset but just a warning... but I was told by my service manager that under Lexus policy, technically they are not obliged to address minor rattles after a certain period (and its not the warranty period either). I forget what it is - my service manager told me a couple of years ago - I think it may actually be 30,000km or 2 years or something along those lines. Nevertheless, your service team will typically ignore that directive from Lexus Australia - but it's just a heads up for you all, just in case. But I got the guys to address a minor buzz on the parcel shelf during a recent service - no questions asked - fixed the problem, and my car is a 2006 with 75k on the clock.

The rattle that is referred here near the RH AC vent, sounds similiar to one I had near the LH AC vent a long long time ago. It actually just disappeared one day, and has never returned! My car is 5 years old now, and along the way Ive had a couple of little niggling buzzes and rattles, and if one has been current at the time of the service, Ive had my service manager get the team to look at it, but I have invariably found that these rattles (which is probably a harsh word really - not a rattle in the trueist sense, more a 'creak or 'strain') disappear over time. Its almost as if the panels/componentry 'settle in'.

One correlation I have certainly noticed is that (and goes the same for other forum members too) is that the change in seasons tends to bring these creaks out more.

Lexus has made a rod for its own back, by making such a quiet and snug cabin that we owners hear everything!!

SQUEAKY SEAT - If anyone wants it, I can post the Lexus TSB for that, however Ive already done that in another post somewhere.

(Sorry for long post!)

Excellent post Mate!

Thank you for sharing your experience, and you are right rattle is probably too harsh of a word to describe these things...

and i do have SQUEAKY SEAT as well lol..only reason why i have noticed it is because my wife is shorter than me and when she drive she likes to lift the bottom middle cushion of the seat... if you cold post the TSB that would be fantastic.

Thanks again...

I've just got my car fixed for rattles from the dash and it was done under warranty, no questions asked, Lexus Brighton did keep the car overnight, so it's probably not a small job.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that Lexus of Brisbane Indooroopilly have fixed my problem no questions asked 10/10.

Very Happy

Thank you all for you comments.

• 2 months later...

Lexus IS250SL, 2007 model

Recently had a rattle at head height on the drivers side pillar.

Lexus checked it out, said it was old door seals, and applied a lubricant of some kind which fixed it.

When I went to test drive it, I heard a new rattle in the dash - sounded like it was the air vent issue mentioned in this thread.

I was told that there was no obligation for lexus to fix it under warranty. Took a bit of convincing, but they managed to get it looked at under warranty.

Couple of days later and the job was done. I was told the fix was to be a foam insert in the dash, but the service report mentioned clips I think.....

Anyway, car is now quite again.