Which Sydney Dealership Provides Better Warranty Servicing? Opinion Ab

Hi Guys,

Was wondering which dealership you guys go to in regards to getting warranty stuff fixed or to get an opinion about things?

Reason i am asking is cause i just picked up my preowned IS250 2006 (58,000KM)with 2 years certified factory warranty and I have found things i would like to get done.

1)Engine is NOT SMOOTH AT ALL! its ticking and sound like diesel. (have a feeling the leuxus dealer pumped 91 in full tank so it sounds funny, dont remember it sound funny when i test drove it, Could it be the carbon built up? if yes would this be covered under warranty?)

2)When u press the brakes you can hear something rattling like a buzzing sound

3)When u shift it from P to R -->good, from R to D--> bad the car feels like its it went into gear then after pressing on the acc, the car does a mini jerk

4)The dash is expanding? it doesnt sit well with the console there is a gap enough to put 2x$2 coins side ways to insert them in. (* not sure if they would take this as a warranty claim)

5)The colour of the trim the silver ones on the side and gear box has faded to be a different colour/ dots in them to the radio. (*not sure if they would take this as a warranty claim)

seems like that is250 has had a hardlife

take it to the dealer

lexus are good at looking at things like that

i think it needs a full service too

take it to the dealer

See the thing that gives me the :angry: is that the car had its 75km servicing 100km ago! I pull up the oil stick and the oil is not golden its semi black like someone drove it for 5000km already. Not sure if my questioning of the servicing of lexus Parra would do me any good in regards to the warranty claims. coming from a bmw, I am really disappointed.

Which dealer do you recommend?

take it to the dealer

See the thing that gives me the :angry: is that the car had its 75km servicing 100km ago! I pull up the oil stick and the oil is not golden its semi black like someone drove it for 5000km already. Not sure if my questioning of the servicing of lexus Parra would do me any good in regards to the warranty claims. coming from a bmw, I am really disappointed.

Didn't u test drive it before buying it?

take it to the dealer

Yes it was probably my fault by taking everything for granted. buying from a lexus dealer was probably the thing that let me believe the car should be good.

He said:" dont worry we will check and make sure the car is all good when you pick it up. all the marks (on the centre console) will be removed, the car is fully serviced and detailed by lexus and we are even providing you with an additional 2 yr warranty with us so you have peace of mind" and i was thinking what would go wrong. the car has relatively low km. throughout 58KM the servicing has been always done on time all by lexus. the latest service was for 75000km at 58000km...

take it to the dealer

Yes it was probably my fault by taking everything for granted. buying from a lexus dealer was probably the thing that let me believe the car should be good.

He said:" dont worry we will check and make sure the car is all good when you pick it up. all the marks (on the centre console) will be removed, the car is fully serviced and detailed by lexus and we are even providing you with an additional 2 yr warranty with us so you have peace of mind" and i was thinking what would go wrong. the car has relatively low km. throughout 58KM the servicing has been always done on time all by lexus. the latest service was for 75000km at 58000km...

yeh the kilometre is low for 06 car.

yep they said to me too when i went looking for pre-owned vehicle at lexus.

it should be in good condition though if its still in warranty as it would always been serviced by Lexus.

Might just be something faulty?

I'd say go to the dealer and ask for warranty.

If the other cars they have there don't make funny noises, etc then it shouldn't be happening on your car unless something is wrong with it.

As for servicing I have no clue.

I just purchase a IS250 recently as well, picking it up this Thursday. :D

take it to the dealer

take it back to the dealer now

dont drive it tell them your not happy with the car

and u trusted them cuz they are a lexus dealer

show them everything that your not happy with

and they will fix it

if not take it to the area manager make a big fuss about it

Jarc - I'm very surprised and disappointed. My 2006 Prestige recently had its 75k service (current 78k on the clock), and the car is practically running as if its just come off the showroom floor. My dealership in Melbourne (MCL) has been 'second to none' in its level of service and support, so I hope you'll be getting the same treatment up in Sydney.

The Lexus 'Extra Care' warranty is quite comprehensive so make sure that your dealership squeezes every drop out of the warranty to get this work done. Trim is a bit of a grey area under the extended warranty however - but given you are a new customer and have just picked up your vehicle its in your right mind to get this repaired/replaced.

The other option is to take the car to another Lexus dealer and speak to them honestly about what has happened.

Update:

Bringing the car in on friday for them to have a look at the squeaky sunroof and the rest.

If the additional 2 year warranty is similar to that provided by Lexus Brighton, it is only valid if you get everything (all servicing included) done by Lexus Parramatta.

Check the fine print.

And generally speaking, making a big noise usually gets things done !!