Greavett

HI,New member Simon Greavett, ex-lexus technician from UK previously worked on Lexus vehicles in UK training and technical centre. Have some new feature books which were handed out when a few of the older models were in current production. Giving you information of key feature updates etc. Love lexus and just trying to find enough cash to buy a newer one. Have a 2004 ls430 and 95 ls 400.

HI,New member Simon Greavett, ex-lexus technician from UK previously worked on Lexus vehicles in UK training and technical centre. Have some new feature books which were handed out when a few of the older models were in current production. Giving you information of key feature updates etc. Love lexus and just trying to find enough cash to buy a newer one. Have a 2004 ls430 and 95 ls 400.

Simon,

Your first day here and you've already made an impression! Welcome.

Simon Firstly Welcome to the club.

What Lexus Nerd has just said is an understatement !!!

I have been reading some of your detailed and help full posts and i thank you for your awesome input!! Keep up the great work mate!!

Chris

Hey,

Thanks for your feedback, I just figure that if people have sat down and made the time to register with the club to ask a question about the cars we all love. We owe it to them to try and help or offer advise.

The reason many of us come to be on a site like this is for the procurement of information. If I join a forum to ask a question and I get no reply, within a week, I can say that there is a good chance I wont bother with that site again....after all what's the point.

This site for example is run by people mostly in their spare time (I'm guessing!) and like all things in life we take it for granted that we can type a message with out abuse or negative comments etc. I aplore you guys for doing that, I've got no idea how you even start to make a site like this work!. And because I know nothing about it I will most certainly offer no advise on the matter.

I have a genuine passion for vehicles especially the Lexus marque. I've beaten the drum for the brand for years. I knew nothing about them when I landed the job at Lexus HQ GB. Didn't take long to work out though that they are pretty special vehicles from many aspects. I love vehicular technology and how it is intergrated and enjoy even more trying to fix oddball problems on these vehicles. I'll be the first to admit I don't know it all and i'm not scared to say it. But what I do know has come about from sheer experience and time in the trade learning continuously.

Some people love the service side of vehicles and I'd be lying if I told you that I don't. Especially when it comes to the jobs that dealers just don't do....like valve shimming??!!, but my passion comes from trying to fix wierd problems.....I find it exciting and very interesting. I've got to know how it works!!

I started in the trade at 16 and i'm 36 now. It's impossible not to learn a fair bit along the way, and I'm sure that I can harness that knowledge to help others that can help me in other fields.

So, i'm here, i'm free and i'm going to try and stay current with the site to help those (if I can) with some of the strange problems that only the most reliable cars in the world can suffer from.

I'm not always right, but i'll give anything a go in the quest for more knowledge and the correct diagnostic.

Simon

I work in Mount Isa on Long hole drill rigs and raisebore drills.

The long hole drills are used for sampling the ground for minerals and the raise bore machines drill and ream holes up to 6m in diameter for ore passes, vent rises etc. Lots of strange hydraulic and mechanical faults. You can check both out on Youtube I think.

The money in the automotive sector is just not good enough to make a living out of unfortunately.

I would be just another tradesmen that it's lost to low wages, due partly to the pathetic "Award Wage" renumeration.

Diagnostic work doesn't pay well as most people can't see the value in time spent and refuse to pay for multiple hours of diagnostic checking.

Looking at heading out of here soon though and head back down to the coal nearer the coast and onto Blast hole rigs.

How bout youselves?

Simon