***MOVED TOPIC***

Thanks ilv1004s

would love to meet some of you who know the ISs well, and make sure everything works and feels like it should in an IS250 while i have the 3 month warranty....

booked my first service at chatswood lexus for 10th

looking at changing my bulbs, should i get normal (narva whites, i think they are about 4000K) or the narva blues which at abt 4300K or something.....what suits better to our lens and what at the same time will illuminate well too? thinking of alternative to HID, unless there is cheap option to buy and get installed?

sorry for all the Qs

thanks

Z

Hi ZED, Welcome to the club!!

There are plenty of options out there from super reliable "high current HID's"($200) to "plug and play HID"(can be as low as $20 on ebay) to halogen globes with "alledged" "brighter" blues and whites. where from past experiences "white/Blue" halogens produce less light then a stock globe no matter how much you spend!!

To be honest if you want great light I strongly suggest the HID upgrade. Have a bit of a google search you will see whats out there. The beauty of HID is you can choose the whiter or bluer light with out sacrificing light intensity!! HID is for the WIN!!

thanks guys!

HID it is, what colour do u guys usually go for as i want as oem look as possible?

i believe 4300K is oem colour for xenons? i noticed most of the ppl on the forums get 6000K, is that bluer than usual oem colour? i just want what current mercs audis IS250 SLs etc have

pls advise?

i heard that our lens have bit more yellow to it hence the 6K makes it a perfect white? so just want to clarify its not too blue and still looks oem?

can u guys recommend a good kit and someone who can install?

thanks heaps........so keen to chk out everyone's cars and the awesome unique hard work put into each one's mods :)

Hi guys,

do you know any here in Sydney that has the Garex Genuine 6000K HID bulbs in stock?

Im not so confident in buying them overseas seeing how items are always thrown around.

But if thats the only choice then i guess i will have to settle for them.

Thanks

i find that the BMW and Merc HID's are bluer than the Lexus ones

i would go for 6000k! i have the stock 4300k Lexus HID's and there too white, wish they just had a ting of blue

• 7 months later...

Hi guys,

do you know any here in Sydney that has the Garex Genuine 6000K HID bulbs in stock?

Im not so confident in buying them overseas seeing how items are always thrown around.

But if thats the only choice then i guess i will have to settle for them.

Thanks

just purchased my HID's (low beams, parkers, foggies) off my brothers mate he has heaps because hes starting a business, if you tell me what you are looking to spend i may be able to hook you up with some great deals.

p.s only paid $80 for the 3 sets ;)