Is350 Front Brake Squeaking Sounds

Hi guys,

a little story for this case.

a month ago, i took my car for 1st time service at lexus sydney city. car is about 20,000kms ( dont worry, i changed oil every 5000 myself ). car is about 12months old.

the car was good, I love it before i took it for 1st service.

after the service done, I took the car same day from the dealer. view days later, when I break squeaking sounds appear ( at low speed, near to stop position )

I leave it for a week, hopefully the sounds will go away. but it doesnt.

then i go back to lexus, and have them to check. they said, they fix the problem. and ask me to pay $35 ( no big deal for me, the guy said they dont charge labour fee ).

again after view days time, problem happen again. still the same squeaking sounds, but its not that bad. ( i still can hear it ).

still I leave it for a week, and it still there.

TODAY, went to lexus. the reception guy, seems not happy. ( i can see from his face, and his attitude ). i dont care, i just want them to fix it.

view hours later, lexus called me.

they advised me:

1. this is a common problem for is350 because the brakes are to big.

2. its normal because the car is doing 20,000 kms now

3. because the disc brake, brake pads wear and tear, this squeaking is normal. ( i was like WTF, so all lexus car have this sound ??? )

they advised solution:

1. leave it like that, because its normal

2. machine/grinding the rotor, bcause there is an edge on the rotor. but the sounds will come back again soonner or later.

then I ask this:

1. should I change the rotor and the brake pads now ?

he reply: No need, because rotor and pads still very good.

in summary, this is bull*BLEEP*. 20,000kms is not a huge mileage for rotor / pads. I am sure, they are making an excuse, or looking for easy solutions!

Got a call from the lexus guy.

they took off the disc, and are going to cost $150 to grinding it. they cant do it, since they dont have the tools to do it.

need to send out for someone to do it.

so the car will be ready tomorrow.

i wish this can fix the problem, *MODERATOR EDIT*

it is sounds bull*BLEEP*, they are just trying to find easy way out. screw them!!!

I love this is350, its a great car. im looking forward to AMG in 1-2years time

Edited by LEX51S
SLANDEROUS COMMENTS REMOVED

HI Guys,

new update.

I picked up the car yesterday. before taking the car from dealer.

lexus service guy rang and advised me.

" they already machine the disc brake, the squeaking sound come still happen when the disc brake in cold condition. when its hot, the sounds disappear."

I still dont believe them anyway. so i cant be bother, pay $150

after view hours driving the car. i can say its a 50-50, when i want to hear it, the sounds not coming out. but its coming up, when i dont expect it.

regardless, the disc hot or cold, its still there ( at low speed, close to stop position ).

service guy keep saying, its 20,000kms already, its wear and tear.

*MODERATOR EDIT*

post-4901-0-87279600-1330617569_thumb.jp

Edited by LEX51S
SLANDEROUS COMMENTS REMOVED

Not sure if it'd be making any difference - but your brake rotors/discs have a quite a lot of surface rust on them!?

This is often caused from harsh caustic/acid based wheel cleaners and while looks a bit ugly, it could be causing them to squeal.

I'm a car detailer by trade and I often notice brakes squealing after being washed with such aggressive cleaners.

Not sure if it'd be making any difference - but your brake rotors/discs have a quite a lot of surface rust on them!?

This is often caused from harsh caustic/acid based wheel cleaners and while looks a bit ugly, it could be causing them to squeal.

I'm a car detailer by trade and I often notice brakes squealing after being washed with such aggressive cleaners.

hi there

the one on the picture there is not a rust. that looks like rust, because the dealer already grinding/machine the disc brake, in hope to kill the sounds.

Your pads might be glazzed causing uneven contact with the rotors resulting the squeeks.

Try some hard braking in a quiet street (without coming to a complete stop) - It's similar to bedding in the surface pads with the rotor.

• 2 weeks later...

At this stage, lexus do not resolve my issue.

I did email them since thursday, and hopefully i will get any news sometimes next week.

I paid too much money, and its not fixed at all. day by day, squeaking sounds get louder and louder.

I will post further update, once I heard any update from Lexus.

in the meantime, Lexus USA Miami advised, since 2007

There where some defective material in the composite of the brake pads. So Lexus redesign a new pad and create a new number

Old part number: 0446530410 , new part number: 0446530450

so if you own ix350, please check your part number.

******* MODERATOR EDIT ******* SLANDEROUS COMMENTS TOWARDS OTHERS OR OTHER CORPORATIONS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON THIS FORUM*****

Edited by LEX51S

very intresting

my 350 has around 24K kms on it and it's still fine not a single problem

as dis-lex-ic offered to help give him a call or a pm

he can surely help you out

email from the lexus to me, today:

Hi Pawer,

Have submitted warranty assist to warranty clerk,

He should get back to me by either late today, tomorrow or latest Wednesday.

Cheers

Lexus

Edited by LEX51S

News update:

Hi Pawer,

Can we book you in for Monday 26th March for brake noise?

Let me know.

Replace front pads with new part #

Fit new brake shim kit

Edited by LEX51S

hey pawer thats great news

looks like you have some progress going on now

though i would like to mention we will be moderating this topic as it is unfair to defame a dealer for a very minor problem

as i do understand your situation (noisy brakes can drive you mad)

would be greatly appreciated if you dont name any individual names on the forum

SEVERAL POSTS WERE EDITED AND OR REMOVED IN THIS THREAD DUE TO SLANDEROUS COMMENTS OVER A VERY MINOR ISSUE WITH INDIVIDUALS AND LARGER BODIES WITHIN THE LEXUS COMMUNITY!! COMMENTS REMOVED WERE UNFAIR AND DEROGATORY TOWARD INDIVIDUALS EITHER WITHIN THE FORUM OR NOT, IT DOESNT MATTER THEY WERE STILL UNFAIR WHEN PARTICULAR MEMBERS WERE TRYING TO HELP.

On a side not 20 000km is nothing for a set of pads to glaze over! especially in sydneys recent crappy weather with dirt and grime constantly being splashed up into the brakes. I think you need to relax a bit. its just a little squeek its not like your brakes have failed!! And if you were to ask anyone else about lexus service quality and help to get a problem sorted they will tell you it is second to NONE!! (as proven in thier email offering you to come in to get it sorted) Mercedes wouldnt even look at your squeeky brakes on your AMG they will just laugh at you!!

though i would like to mention we will be moderating this topic as it is unfair to defame a dealer for a very minor problem

I believe i have my right to express my opinion. those service guy keep saying 20k is normal for brake pads

very minor problem ? I paid 80k for this brand new car, 1 year old, 20k kms. I expect better quality. unlike yours only 59k

SEVERAL POSTS WERE EDITED AND OR REMOVED IN THIS THREAD DUE TO SLANDEROUS COMMENTS OVER A VERY MINOR ISSUE WITH INDIVIDUALS AND LARGER BODIES WITHIN THE LEXUS COMMUNITY!! COMMENTS REMOVED WERE UNFAIR AND DEROGATORY TOWARD INDIVIDUALS EITHER WITHIN THE FORUM OR NOT, IT DOESNT MATTER THEY WERE STILL UNFAIR WHEN PARTICULAR MEMBERS WERE TRYING TO HELP.

On a side not 20 000km is nothing for a set of pads to glaze over! especially in sydneys recent crappy weather with dirt and grime constantly being splashed up into the brakes. I think you need to relax a bit. its just a little squeek its not like your brakes have failed!! And if you were to ask anyone else about lexus service quality and help to get a problem sorted they will tell you it is second to NONE!! (as proven in thier email offering you to come in to get it sorted) Mercedes wouldnt even look at your squeeky brakes on your AMG they will just laugh at you!!

im not saying mercedes is better than lexus. but have you owned AMG before ? how are you so sure mercedes wont even have a look on it ?

even $20,000 mazda car, mazda dealer will take have a look on it.

I believe i have my right to express my opinion. those service guy keep saying 20k is normal for brake pads

very minor problem ? I paid 80k for this brand new car, 1 year old, 20k kms. I expect better quality. unlike yours only 59k

so are we playing mine is bigger then yours now?

I just put a deposit on the new gs350 sports lux. oh so that makes it umm... i paid .... lets see ... 110k unlike yours 80k. and if the breaks squeel i wont be squeeling at lexus ill be asking them to take a look.

You need to relax on this forum. its not a place for you to go around bad mouthing ppl. sure your entitled to your opinion but dont go bad mouthing ppl.