Any other wax brands you guys prefer to use and would recommend? At the moment I have Meg ultimate wax on it for about 2 weeks, looks like it's doing it's job pretty well. Heres a quick vid if any of yous are curious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYSjp908Uew

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax here too.

A number of Meguiar's users have said that the NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 has a brighter finish on light-coloured cars, but ULW wins hands down on application (doesn't dry white on black plastic), durability and beading.

If you need some wax soon, keep an eye out on this thread, as I'll be ordering some from the States soon (and plan to deliver to Brisbane for free):

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11068

I'm a detailer by trade and have tried many, many types of sealants and waxes..

As far as off the shelf products go...

Have always been a fan of Meguiars NXT Gen Tech Wax (liquid).

I'm a bigger fan of Autoglym High Definition Wax after being told that was what was applied by my dealer during the pre-delivery detail.

Also have an old bottle of EagleOne(?) Nanowax that I occasionally use on dark coloured cars that aren't in for paint correction - fills very well to hide swirls etc if that's what you're after.

As far as professional products go - IMO, you can't go past Final Inspection in Melbourne. Locally made products to the very highest standards - class leading standards. Their sealants (Seal Strong and Full Metal Jacket) are unreal in their ability to bead/sheet water and self clean. Very much products for the advanced enthusiast though.

I've got FMJ on my Lexus and have had it on since October last year (almost 7 months) and it's still beading water as good/if not better than the video posted above. All I do is wash weekly and give it a quick wipe over with their Quick Detailer - Gloss Boost. So easy.

Looks and feels incredibly slick and no effort needed by applying and removing a wax every so often.

BTW, I don't work for Final Inspection - I just buy my stuff from them - cant recommend them highly enough.

Free delivery.. sounds good I would definitely place some orders later on.

350 the application process for the final inspection paint protecting seems overwhelming, lol I probably stuff it up, I prefer something more straight forward. But yeh I'll check out the Autoglym Definition Wax out.

To avoid any confusion ...

If you need some wax soon, keep an eye out on this thread, as I'll be ordering some from the States soon (and plan to deliver to Brisbane for free):

http://au.lexusowner...showtopic=11068

I mean to say, while shipping costs between the US and Sydney will be passed onto buyers, I won't charge anything to bring the goods up from Sydney to Brisbane. Hopefully, I didn't mislead anyone.

Im wanting the give my car the 'once over' after it comes back from the panel beaters (just a minor bingle - idiot colleague hit my stationary car whilst parking in my work car park!)....I've been a big fan of Meguiars through reputation and the leather products and the waterless car wash products I use from them. I want to do a very light 'cut' (just to remove the 'spider webbing' - my car is 6 years old, always garaged but over the years has got that typical lightly scratched/swirly look now).

What do you all recommend from Meguiars as an 'all-in-one' polish/wax with a light (#1) cut needed? Would the NXT 2.0 wax discussed here give me the 'all-in-one' result (a very light cut and final shine?)

Im wanting the give my car the 'once over' after it comes back from the panel beaters (just a minor bingle - idiot colleague hit my stationary car whilst parking in my work car park!)....I've been a big fan of Meguiars through reputation and the leather products and the waterless car wash products I use from them. I want to do a very light 'cut' (just to remove the 'spider webbing' - my car is 6 years old, always garaged but over the years has got that typical lightly scratched/swirly look now).

What do you all recommend from Meguiars as an 'all-in-one' polish/wax with a light (#1) cut needed? Would the NXT 2.0 wax discussed here give me the 'all-in-one' result (a very light cut and final shine?)

I believe smash repairers will expect you to wait at least two weeks for the spray paint to fully cure, before waxing.

After that time, try using Meguiar's COLORx. Gold Class, NXT 2.0 and Ultimate waxes do not contain microabrasive or chemical properties that will "cut" the paint, whereas COLORx is a "cut-and-wax" formula that is supposed to remove light scratches.

• 3 weeks later...