Rpm Idle Speed Without Aircon On?

Blacky

Hey just wondering what others cars idle at without aircon ON?

Mine runs at 500 rpm which I always think is a little low but just wondering if this is normal. Doesn't seem to faze the car but sometimes I think it is a little rough so low.

They tell me that the mixture is very lean at idle to reduce fuel consumption.

Mine is a little rough and variable in idle speed as well.

Mine's the same.

I was sitting at the lights thinking that my idle was a bit low and rough. Seems wrong to be so low but the car seems to adapt to it

Completely normal. Mine did it from 0km's brand new. There is a thread on it somewhere. Next time if you have your air-con off and it's idling @ 500RPM's, try flicking the headlight's on, even just the park light (one notch). The RPM's will jump to about 750RPM's.

Seems like if no accessories are on then it idle's at a low 500RPM's.

Mine is sitting at between 700 and 750 at idle with air con on or off and in gear or in park - all with lights off I think but will check this tomorrow as it was about 5.20 pm so not 100% certain about the lights.

Interesting, tried again today and with lights off it drops to 500rpm and I see what you guys mean by saying it feels rough. With JoeZ at 700rpm it throbs nicely, at 500 I cannot hear the exhaust at all.