Hi, I am considering buy a manual is250 with 81,000km on it. But after much research and reading, it seems like the manual is250 has some issues. I was wondering for those who know of or who drive the manual, is it really a big problem? And does it cost a lot to fix in the future? It seems to me like the manual is very unreliable, and I don't want to pay for something which will end up costing me alot of money. Cheers.

who ever told you

or your research is wrong

theres nothing wrong with the manual

but being a luxury car its not as sporty

the manual isnt the best you can find ie Honda s2000, EVO, skylines etc

theres no physical problem with the manual gearbox

it's just a notchy gearbox sourced from a truck

I have had mine for over a year now and it hasn't missed a beat...."ilv1004s' is rite...not the most enjoyable manual but there is not issues with it mechanically...

I have had mine for over a year now and it hasn't missed a beat...."ilv1004s' is rite...not the most enjoyable manual but there is not issues with it mechanically...

For the record, PLZ17, what year is your 250 and how many km's has it travelled?

For the record, PLZ17, what year is your 250 and how many km's has it travelled?

Hey mate, car is 07 model has done 38,000 km

David, just a thought ... luxury car or not, I suspect that, at 81,000 km, it'll be due for a new clutch soon. That's not a reliability issue, but a routine servicing matter to factor into your costs.