I know there are already heaps of tyre threads, but i've combed through them and haven't really been able to find what i'm after. so..

I'm looking at a set of 19's, front: 8.5 +38 and rear: 9.5 +45. Thinking of running 225/35 or 235/35 at the front and 255/35 or 265/35 at the rear. Will there be any fitment issues, rubbing specifically? I've got a IS250 SL on stock suspension, don't really want to roll the guards or anything.

thanks

Read it again... I thought the same... he said 225 or 235 front... then he says 255 or 265 rear.

I'd say stick to 225 front if you can. I tried 235 on a 8.5" wheel with +38 offset and it scrubbed at half lock.

225 and the problem went away. Even the IS-F only uses a 225 front tyre.

265 on the rear won't be a problem at all. I run 275 and have never managed to get it to scrub no matter how hard I try.

Sorry about that confusion. I'm more inclined to go with 225's on the front but am worried they'd be too much of a stretch on 8.5's. So 225/35 on the front and 255/35 at the back and i'm all good?

Read it again... I thought the same... he said 225 or 235 front... then he says 255 or 265 rear.

I'd say stick to 225 front if you can. I tried 235 on a 8.5" wheel with +38 offset and it scrubbed at half lock.

225 and the problem went away. Even the IS-F only uses a 225 front tyre.

265 on the rear won't be a problem at all. I run 275 and have never managed to get it to scrub no matter how hard I try.

Was this stock height or lowered? I'm looking at a 235/35/19 on a 8.5'' wheel with the same offset, just thinking now it may be better to go a 225.

Completely standard suspension Dori'mon. It scrubbed more on the RHS compared to the LHS. You could just wait for all of the plastic to wear away, but I still value the car as a prestige vehicle, so went to a 225 and not a single scrub since.

• 2 weeks later...