Hps Silicone Intake Hose + Afe Dry Filter

mikenbn

Hi Guys,

A few of you have been asking me about the HPS Silicone Intake hose, so thought it would be beneficial to post up some info here...

Comes in 3 colours now black, blue and red.

Can be easily shipped from Figs Engineering for around $200 - Drop Mike Figaro an email. Great guy and great service.

http://shopfigs.com/...gory&path=63_64

I also picked up an AFE dry filter from Amazon $65 shipped

http://www.amazon.co... dry filter isf

Great little Intake upgrade for under $300 - Great response when the second intake opens & will help keep intake temps low as it starts to warm up. The quality is allot better than the Japanese I-Code unit for half the price.

Can also be purchased directly from HPS for around $225 shipped

http://www.hps-silic...e-blue-isf.html

18521-blk.jpg

18521-blue.jpg

The SPECS:

08-12 Lexus IS F V8 5.0L HPS Black 4-Ply Reinforced High Temp Silicone Air Intake Hose Post MAF Tube replaces the stock OEM restrictive hose with high temp reinforced silicon material. Unlike other aftermarket air intake kits, HPS post MAF silicone hoses improve air flow and reduce heat soak while keeping the stock well designed air box perform at high efficient level. Without any re-tuning, the HPS silicone post MAF air intake tube delivers dyno-proven performance gains of +4.6 Whp, +7.2 Ft/lbs. This silicone intake hose does NOT trigger check engine light. Installation time is approx. 45 minutes.

Dyno Proven Performance Gains: +4.6 Whp, +7.2 Ft/lbs *

Color: Blue ( * Also available in Black)

CARB Exempt: No.

Product Type: Silicone Air Intake Tube

* Remark: The intake dyno testing was done by 3rd party Apexi USA at their in house dyno facility.

18521_dyno.jpg

Hey Mate,

Personally I don't like pod set-ups especially the open pod intakes, they tend to suck hot air from the engine bay and confuse your air flow sensor. Great if you are after big intake sound but not practical. Especially during our summer 35+ days you will suffer from heat soak issues.

Also note that open pod systems are not legal in Aus unless used on track / race – has to do with strict pollution / emission regulations...

I think the 2 stage OEM intake works well and is a unique delivery system that’s part of the ISF’s charm, all you need is a better intake hose to keep temps down and a better flowing after market filter.. in my opinion anyway ...

Mike

I might be mistaken but think one of the cons of replacing the whole set-up is that you loose the two stage induction. Firstly I love this sound when the second stage opens and ve also heard that you can lose bottom end without the 2 stage intake.

The main problem with the pod system is that it sucks up heat and you lose performance. It's great if you can seal the pod intake. In some other applications, some put the pod in the wheel well which is well shielded from heat and has great airflow. I did this with my Mazda 6 MPS and Subaru. However, one needs to be careful with the induction of water from the pod sitting so low.

In the ISF you do lose the twin stage intake if you go with a pod.

I have a Joe Z to an AFE dry filter. I disengaged the solenoid so that my twin stage is now open all the time. I love the induction noise and can't wait till 3600rpm for it to kick in. Some say that the car loses power by having the second flap open but I haven't noticed it at all and have been running this way for 6 months now. Having just changed to the AFE I've noticed a roartier induction note. It might be a placebo but to me it definitely seems to growl a lot more than with the OEM panel filter. Perhaps the Joe Z being metal reverberates more noise than a silicon or OEM intake tube.

If you like induction noise overall I think you'll love the noise the rampod makes. In all seriousness, I doubt that the loss in performance is really noticeable while driving. If you're cruising and not in traffic, it wouldn't be a problem. It's the sitting around that allows the heatsoak to creep in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mate,

Personally I don't like pod set-ups especially the open pod intakes, they tend to suck hot air from the engine bay and confuse your air flow sensor. Great if you are after big intake sound but not practical. Especially during our summer 35+ days you will suffer from heat soak issues.

Also note that open pod systems are not legal in Aus unless used on track / race – has to do with strict pollution / emission regulations...

I think the 2 stage OEM intake works well and is a unique delivery system that’s part of the ISF’s charm, all you need is a better intake hose to keep temps down and a better flowing after market filter.. in my opinion anyway ...

Mike

hey mike hows things? In regards to the intake hose, both of the websites i went to is out of stock.. anywhere else i can order it from?..

Cheers

Alan

hey mike hows things? In regards to the intake hose, both of the websites i went to is out of stock.. anywhere else i can order it from?..

Cheers

Alan

Sorry Alan, if HPS are out of stock, best place an order with them and wait for more to be made. Since they produce the intakes.

Better than the joe-z intake??

For Aus, yes. It works well with our hotter temps. less heat soak than the JoeZ.

Mike