Rx350 F Sport Option Omissions Vs Us Model

I just thought I'd share a rant about something a few of you may already know regarding certain options in the RX350 F Sport that have been omitted from the Australian models versus US model (and possibly EU model). It shows that we really do get screwed in this country.

It comes in handy if you're looking at buying new (which is my current position) or upgrading from pre-MY2013 model.

1. Heated and Cooled Seats

2. Blind Spot Monitor on rear view mirrors

3. Heads Up Display

4. The enform system

#1 & #2 I expect as standard for a new car that costs $90-95k brand new, especially from Lexus that is known not to hold back with offering such optional equipment as standard compared to the German rivals.

I can live without these but why should I? My 2009 Mazda CX7 has heated seats standard and that cost me $45k four years ago. Even pre-2013 equivalent RX models at least have the heated seats.

#3 I can understand it only being available on Sports Luxury, but explain why the S/L does not have the Blind Spot system at all? Again something that would add value to the model.

#4 I guess could work here but seems to be a US promoted system. Shame though, would really set the car apart from your snobby German makes.

I do love the BT streaming and DAB radio though, which makes listening to 2GB a dream. By the way I don't listen to 2GB religiously but AM radio sounds so much better in digital, especially come footy season.

I did also send an email to Lexus and got following mute response:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We have received your note about the different specifications between Australian and US Lexus models. Thank you.

We always pass on comments like this as it gives Lexus Australia valuable feedback for future decisions on specifications that are taken in Japan.

Kind regards,

Lexus Customer Assistance Centre - Stephen Asprey

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I could go the next step and get a S/L but again the Americans don't have to so why should we?

Either way I'm going to buy one within the month but feel a bit ripped off, like pretty much everything else sold in this country.

Let me know your thoughts, whether you too share same frustrations.

Regards,

John

It is common that features that are currently left out on the AU models will eventually be made available on the "mid-life" update release. Just like when the 2008 Nissan Murano TI Luxury model (I was closed to buying one) was released here, it didnt come with the panorama sunroof but this was standard on the US version. 2 years later, the sunroof is available on the TI.

I wish mine had the 8 speed gear box, she is a thirsty car. Not as bad as the old CX9 she replaced but still more than I expected.

The blind spot monitoring would be good too. Don't care about heated, cooled seats. Heads up display would be distracting so glad I don't have that.

What I wish the car did have have a more extensive voice control system, to say the options are pathetically limited is an understatement.

Overall I love my new F Sport but there is room for improvement.

It is common that features that are currently left out on the AU models will eventually be made available on the "mid-life" update release. Just like when the 2008 Nissan Murano TI Luxury model (I was closed to buying one) was released here, it didnt come with the panorama sunroof but this was standard on the US version. 2 years later, the sunroof is available on the TI.

true, but the RX has already had the refresh.

• 4 months later...

Had read some review about the new IS line up.

Looks like they finally put the Enform system to Australia..but it's saying that it wont be available until the 4'th quarter this year?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/240773/2013-lexus-is-pricing-and-specifications/

Wondering if they will able to update my RX270 to get Enform?

Anyone know the answer?

-mario