Guys,

Driver's side seat looking a little worse for wear, I have the leather seats with the cooling / heating. Any trimmers you can recommend in Sydney?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

for what it's worth, I've never actually got mine done, but I had been considering the day when my front seat will get so worn out that I would change the entire interior trim altogether.

I made some phone calls to Doyles in Artarmon and they quoted around $2000 for a retrim. Unfortunately, they tend to only carry black, so if you want custom, you will have to buy your own leather. They pointed me to a place for leather (can't remember now). They tend to do up a lot of brand new mercs (I mean, mercs that haven't even received their licence plate yet). Not sure if they were there for leather trim or sunroof installation or both.

I'm not being flippant here, but it's probably because a lot of new Mercs these days are fitted with fake leather, and real leather is not available through as OEM - not even as an option. I believe this is the case with all the C-class models now. Audi are going that way too I believe, as is BMW. So for those Merc buyers who want real leather are getting real leather installed before taking delivery.

• Like 1

Haha you have a point there although I was told that their man made leather was hella expensive and supposedly a lot more durable compared to real leather or other faux leathers out there. But still, probably sucks to be told that your merc is still using faux leather - no matter what funky name they give it or the price merc claims or charges to retrim.

I guess people who could generally afford these sort of cars can also consider occasional retrimming from worn out real leather to just be part of its "running cost" =P

That said, according to an article on the herald a few weeks back, quite a number of car manufacturers (Toyota included) were busted for not clarifying their use of faux leather and have been marketting it simply as leather. I hope that this is not the case for our lexus.

for what it's worth, I've never actually got mine done, but I had been considering the day when my front seat will get so worn out that I would change the entire interior trim altogether.

I made some phone calls to Doyles in Artarmon and they quoted around $2000 for a retrim. Unfortunately, they tend to only carry black, so if you want custom, you will have to buy your own leather. They pointed me to a place for leather (can't remember now). They tend to do up a lot of brand new mercs (I mean, mercs that haven't even received their licence plate yet). Not sure if they were there for leather trim or sunroof installation or both.

The $2000 quote for retrim, was that for all of the seats?

The $2000 quote for retrim, was that for all of the seats?

Yes. It was for all seats, and the door trims/consoles.

thats a good price for all seats and trims i think. im looking at buying a sports model is250 with the alacantra seats and want to get it retrimmed in leather