**EDIT**

Got a Set of LED headlights, done some research on Clublexus.com (American lexus forum) - has tones of useful info on the headlight conversion upgrade!

But i needed plugs and Covers which you will also need if you buy them Stripped, the dealer will help you with that.

(More pics soon)

I did the same thing not too long ago. Best thing to do is get the covers from the dealers. I was lucky enough to source a busted up second hand set on ebay so reused the back covers on that.If i hadnt been able to next step would have been the dealers.

I was told u need to realign the cutoff as its opposite sides in the states.

Bulbs are the same.

Ive got mine with a mate whos working on other stuff as well so havent seen the finished result.

I did the same thing not too long ago. Best thing to do is get the covers from the dealers. I was lucky enough to source a busted up second hand set on ebay so reused the back covers on that.If i hadnt been able to next step would have been the dealers.

Bulbs are the same.

Ive got mine with a mate whos working on other stuff as well so havent seen the finished result.

Also about the cutoff line, i thought it didn't matter because i see Chrysler and mercedes with hids which hurt your eyes from the side (both projectors - cutoff line?)

and in australia i heard we dont need the indicator relay

Bulbs are the same.

Thanks for the response!!

i got one side for fairly cheap because the back of it broke, but was fixed, they say its all in working order tho..

and the other side was reasonable too it was $389 plus about $150 shipping so i spent about $600 total for headlights (including shipping)

Also about the cutoff line, i thought it didn't matter because i see Chrysler and mercedes with hids which hurt your eyes from the side (both projectors - cutoff line?)

and in australia i heard we dont need the indicator relay which needs to be replaced when upgrading ??

and will the headlights have the side marker orange light ?(under reflector) because they were bought from the states, in AU we dont have that on lexus.. it would look cool though..

and this D.I.Y is excellent if you havent seen it: you should check it out

http://www.clublexus...ion-how-to.html

and one last thing do you know how to re-pin the wires exactly ?

i havent really done much other than source the parts.

thanks for the link though. that is well and truly one super detailed writeup.

• 4 weeks later...

Bulbs are the same.

Thanks for the response!!

i got one side for fairly cheap because the back of it broke, but was fixed, they say its all in working order tho..

and the other side was reasonable too it was $389 plus about $150 shipping so i spent about $600 total for headlights (including shipping)

and in australia i heard we dont need the indicator relay which needs to be replaced when upgrading ??

and will the headlights have the side marker orange light ?(under reflector) because they were bought from the states, in AU we dont have that on lexus.. it would look cool though..

and this D.I.Y is excellent if you havent seen it: you should check it out

http://www.clublexus...ion-how-to.html

and one last thing do you know how to re-pin the wires exactly ?

i havent really done much other than source the parts.

thanks for the link though. that is well and truly one super detailed writeup.

Hi, have a look at my first post. i updated it with pics of the finished installation :)

it really upgrades the front end of the vehicle!!

i can help you if you have questions on the plugs or covers you need to buy or the wiring of the harness (No wires need to be cut or spliced for the led to work).

you will need this plug for each headlight for the led/indicator to work:

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessories-catalog/acc/IS250-2011/5597.html

i got it from the dealer.

did you use a 5 relay SPDT type for that because im working on a circuit to switch from 100% to 50% brightness... do you think i should use the IGN fuse or CIG fuse for the relay ..

also are those hids Blue ?(higher than 6000k??) or are they warming up?

They're blue due to the bulbs being 24v instead of 12v.

I've changed them back to the factory HIDs and are conpletely white now.

How was the light output with the 24v blue HIDs ? ie. bright on the road etc.

Did you Re-Alighn the projector cut offs ? i didnt becasue the lights dont fit in my oven! and i dont wanna mess with the lights.

Also do you think 100% LED bightness is too bright for nighttime ? because i had people honking and flashing high beams, but i changed them over to 50% now for Nighttime.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...