Is350 Sports Luxury Vs F Sport Vs X Edition

i finally bought one today and with the prices dropping by phenonemal amounts i picked up a F-Sport, 2012 model with 2013 compliance for $62k drive away. i found quite a difference between the X and F-sport (left out prestige as x is cheaper at the moment, and more options and i don't like woodgrain as found in the luxury sport although the few extra options like the speed controlled cruise control would have been nice). Some basic differences between these two that i noticed:

Front Grille

front bar has lip spoiler and looks more aggresive

seats are a massive difference to me - the F-sport has 'wrap around' style seats and feel much better (X seats are flatter in the wings so if you like spirited driving you will enjoy the seats in the F-sport)

electric reach and height steering on F-sport (manual adjust on X)

auto seats with memory for 3 people on F-sport (no memory on X)

different steering wheel material (i much prefer the f-sport wheel feel)

late 12 and 2013 complied have much better sat nav than earlier 2012 with HDD, bluetooth streaming, different button layout,etc

big one for me was that the X and prestige only come with interior trim (anything above the dash height) in the white (cream or whatever it is) no matter what car colour you choose whereas the F-sport is black trim throughout

seats in the X look nice with the red highlights in the material but i was happy with the flat black

F-sport has auto dimming rear view mirror and wing mirrors ( the wing mirrors are also fold-in on F-sport and have memory positioning linked to seat adjustments)

centre console colour changed from early 2012 models to the late 2012 and 2013 spec from a blue/silver to black gloss (don't quote me on the colours but you will see the big difference)

F-sport rims are mercury Grey(?) 18's, the X has alloy colour

F-sport has 14 speaker Mark levinson system Vs 13 speaker in X and i had both cars for 3 days and noticed the difference( nothing wrong with the 13 speaker one though. Audio setting adjustability is very limited for any audiophile on both)

F-sport has rear parking camera - X has this and it also has 6 parking sensors (2 front and 4 rear)

Suspension is firmer in F-sport but not jarring. i didn't feel a massive difference in ride but certainly in body roll.

both have heated seats (prestige does not)

i am sure there is more things that i have missed, but it should help a little i hope.

Mark

Congrats Mark!

IMHO, the F-Sport is definitely the best pick on the current generation of IS.

The X (Limited Edition) is a prestige model with great value bundled extras. It's Lexus's fancy way to get rid of the old stocks in order to make way for the new IS.

The 2014 IS is due in a few month, hence the massive price slash on all current generation IS.

Did the sales person tell you this bit?

thanks. yes i knew the new one was coming, but i couldn't stretch the budget that far (assuming similar pricing) so it has allowed me to get my rump in the seat of an F-sport at what is typically prestige money. I did alot of reading here and have always loved them. i was all about imports in the mid 90's and always wanted a V300 and then later on always loved the JZX100 and 110's, so toyota and Lexus has always been the only option. my current company car is a RAV4 and they are boring as bat poo and while my kids are young and don't need a lot of leg room(!) the lexus will work.

my only concern with the car is going to be the squeek that many people seem to come across. that would devastate me and i would sell if something like that started and couldn't be sorted. i realise the price is the result of the model change, but at $60k there is not much competition with the speed and style of this car. i think they are a very nice car.

time will tell if this remains the case!!

Good luck with it. You will love it and some of the squeaks can be fixed (I managed to nut out mine).

What colour did you get? Pics?

starlight Black. Pics will come when i pick it up mid next week! as it is a novated lease, it is a pain in the behind to get the paperwork sorted, but almost there now.

i still wish for an ISF as there was an awesome example in the dealership that was black with painted original rims in a dark Grey and it looked awesome..... one day....

i finally bought one today and with the prices dropping by phenonemal amounts i picked up a F-Sport, 2012 model with 2013 compliance for $62k drive away. i found quite a difference between the X and F-sport (left out prestige as x is cheaper at the moment, and more options and i don't like woodgrain as found in the luxury sport although the few extra options like the speed controlled cruise control would have been nice). Some basic differences between these two that i noticed:

Front Grille

seats are a massive difference to me - the F-sport has 'wrap around' style seats and feel much better (X seats are flatter in the wings so if you like spirited driving you will enjoy the seats in the F-sport)

late 12 and 2013 complied have much better sat nav than earlier 2012 with HDD, bluetooth streaming, different button layout,etc

big one for me was that the X and prestige only come with interior trim (anything above the dash height) in the white (cream or whatever it is) no matter what car colour you choose whereas the F-sport is black trim throughout

seats in the X look nice with the red highlights in the material but i was happy with the flat black

F-sport has auto dimming rear view mirror and wing mirrors ( the wing mirrors are also fold-in on F-sport and have memory positioning linked to seat adjustments)

centre console colour changed from early 2012 models to the late 2012 and 2013 spec from a blue/silver to black gloss (don't quote me on the colours but you will see the big difference)

F-sport has 14 speaker Mark levinson system Vs 13 speaker in X and i had both cars for 3 days and noticed the difference( nothing wrong with the 13 speaker one though. Audio setting adjustability is very limited for any audiophile on both)

F-sport has rear parking camera - X has this and it also has 6 parking sensors (2 front and 4 rear)

Suspension is firmer in F-sport but not jarring. i didn't feel a massive difference in ride but certainly in body roll.

i am sure there is more things that i have missed, but it should help a little i hope.

Mark

Front Grille

Mark

Hey, currently looking at a 350 f sport; where did you get this from. Feel free to PM me. Thanks

got it yesterday and already scratched a rim :( unbelievable..... also done almost 700kms :) In terms of price, they are similar. both Chatswood and Newcastle were willing to do this price. pm me your number and i can ring you about it if you like.

Mark

• 2 months later...

Hey Mark,

Out of curiosity what version of maps did yours come with?

I got mine in November 2012 fresh off the boat with the updated electronics but my maps are from 2011. Due to a tyre issue I had to borrow a late 2012 IS250 also with the updated electronics but its maps were 2012. I think the maps were around June 2012 and that being the case I want the updated maps for free given that the car was produced after the update!

Cheers,

Tony

got it. will call u in the morning.

Hey thanks for your advice on this ages ago; ended up with a 3k demo with sunroof that I got for 60 in Starlight Black