Are The Hankook V12 Or Pirelli Pzero Any Good For The F?

ISFBloke

Hello Everyone,

Decision time about new rear tires.

Currently I run on Falken FK452 on the rear and front and found them quite poor of a performer especially on the track. Heard that the FK453 are much better??

Have done a bit of research on the topic and the Michelin SS are being recommended often but others are also using the Hankook v12 and seem quite happy with them. They are a lot cheaper and since I will be going through them fairly quick they might be a good option.

Also the Pirelli Pzero seems to be quite good but have not seen much info on them relating to the ISF.

I will be using them on the street and track.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Getting new tyres too, I was recommend Pirelli P1 or PZero or SILVER?!? Any suggestions? Size is 275 for rear and 245 for front, can I go any bigger?

I'm running the Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the 245F 275R sizes and I highly recommend both the tyres and the wider size to anyone! Way more grip than the stock Bridgestones, which I didn't think were that bad. Very happy with them, but $500 a tyre they're not cheap.

Can't comment on any other tyre brands on the F though.....

It depends what sort of grip you are after and do you want to track the car or just road use? I have two setups track and road and found them to be ultimately good. Let me know and I'll shoot you the details and good prices too. If you have the electronic diff a good balanced tyre setup is especially important. It has transformed my car completely.

well for me R888 s are the ultimate on the road although they are arguably best suited for the track and are excellent in the wet too, Michelin Pilot sport is a normal road tire and is possibly the best all rounder by what everyone says and my own experience too.

I'm about to get new tyres too & thought I would stick with the stock sizes rather than the wider ones that many seem to go for.

Trouble is there seems to be very few choices. From what I can gather, PZeros aren't available in both sizes, so that leaves P1s from Pirelli. I had one place recommend these & another say you may as well buy Kuhmos as they are similar & cheaper!

I can get either the Super Sports or Pilot Sport 2 in the Michellins; seems everyone likes the SS, so I think I'll go for those.

You can't go wrong with them for sure. The only thing I noticed that the rears have lost most of the grip towards the end of their life (approx 30% left) but that's expected.

well I might need new rears... R888 is semi slick very good tires for road/track use that is the only tire i don't get wheel spin with.

http://toyotires.com.au/tyres/motorsport-tyres/item/20-proxes-r888

Read here I think i'll get a set of rears today for the street as well I love em that much.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Toyo/R888.htm