Hello,

I just bought my first Lexus. A 2010, MY11 IS250 Prestige with the EVM upgrade.

Based on my reading I though all 2010 cars came with bluetooth audio (A2DP). I have not been able to get this working and see no BT tab on the audio screen.

I have found one reference to Australian cars not getting this until 2012.

Can anyone confirm if I should have it and if so how the hell do I get it to work. I have paired my phone (iPhone 5) and the call functions work perfectly.

Also I often hear a elec motor sound as soon as I pull the door handle when exiting the car. Last for 1-2 secs. Any one what that is?

My understanding is that your vehicle does not have A2DP. I had a 2010 X with bluetooth but it only uses the telephone. I purchased a ne F Sport in Sept 2012 with a digital upgrade and it has A2DP. Anything in the IS range before August 2012 probably doesn't have A2DP.

The good news is you can but bluetooth add ons from ebay that will do the same thing. They cost about $15 and will sit in the centre console, powered by usb and plug into the Aux out. Hope that helps.

Here's a press release from Lexus Australia when the IS 350 was released. Bear in mind that the IS 350 was released at the same time as the MY11 facelift for IS 250, and everything tech gadget you can find in an IS 250 should be found in an IS 350:

http://www.pressroom.com.au/press_kit_detail.asp?clientID=3&navSectionID=6&categoryID=1000&kitID=297#3296

There is no reference to Bluetooth audio; just Bluetooth phone capability. So it's pretty clear that late 2010 vehicles weren't expected to support A2DP.

I wonder whether your Lexus service centre can flash the latest version of the audio firmware, and thereby provide A2DP?

(Note:
- A2DP is just a software profile on the Bluetooth stack. I wouldn't expect the Bluetooh hardware receiver to have been upgraded between 2010 and OzBoy's Sep 2012 model, so a more recent software update should be all that's required to get an MY11 model to implement A2DP.
- Consider not even asking the service centre for the "update to support A2DP"; perhaps they'll just look at you strangely, or disagree with you, or insist that no 2IS has ever, ever supported Bluetooth audio. Perhaps just say your EMV is acting really strange, like resetting unexpectedly; they will then predictably give you the latest update, hoping that that will fix your "problem".)

As for the motor sound: I'm not sure whether it's coming from the central locking system or the nav DVD player or CD audio player, but it's definitely normal. It happens every time I open the driver's door on my MY10 IS 250, after switching off the engine.

Thanks,

Suspected as much about the bluetooth audio. I think it is a software / fireware issue as US cars all support it (gen 6 sat nav)

Further reading points to the steering lock bolt being the cause of the noise. Makes sense and I can wiggle the wheel before the noise, afterwards it is most definitely locked in place.