Track Day Vehicle Insurance

Pantelis K

Hello all, i have recently been down to Sandown and Phillip Island with the ISF and must admit i had a great time but my only concern was not to make contact with anyone or anything as my insurance does not cover track days. Is there any insurance company here in Australia that will give us a day cover for track days?

^^^ What Danny said. This is why I don't do full on race days any more, just happy laps. If I destroy my car, I'll be depressed. If I destroy my car AND a Ferrari next to me, I'll be depressed AND broke....

The worst thing about track days are the newbies who think that you are actually racing and don't follow common courtesy and let faster cars pass.

Agreed and then there are the others who think that its a F#$%*ng GRAND PRIX and they will overtake you anywhere (even on a chicane) as they think that they will be on a podium with a bottle of champagne with 3 bikini models at the end of the race.

Agreed and then there are the others who think that its a F#$%*ng GRAND PRIX and they will overtake you anywhere (even on a chicane) as they think that they will be on a podium with a bottle of champagne with 3 bikini models at the end of the race.

Hehe yep!

I once was trying to get past a HSV of some description I had him for straight line speed and was infinitely quicker in the corners. Problem is he was all over the shop and it wasn't worth the hassle taking him under brakes because I didn't trust his ability