Hello all, I just bought a 60K service kit from Sewell, would you guys have any idea how much if would cost in labour to service at a Lexus Dealer? Preferably Lexus of Chatswood. I also have a JoeZ intake installed, would that be a problem? Do I have to go back to stock?

Also another thing, where can I purchase EBC Greenstuff or Redstuff?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks alot.

Hello all, I just bought a 60K service kit from Sewell, would you guys have any idea how much if would cost in labour to service at a Lexus Dealer? Preferably Lexus of Chatswood. I also have a JoeZ intake installed, would that be a problem? Do I have to go back to stock?

Your best bet is to just call them and tell them you have the parts and they will give you a quote. Your joez intake pipe shouldn't be a problem.

How much did the kit + shipping cost if you don't mind me asking? I have my 60k km coming up too.

Sewell has very expensive shipping to Australia, does anybody know another Lexus parts website with cheaper shipping to Aus?

Front Pads: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C955FI/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rear Pads: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EBC-Brakes-DP31586C-EBC-Redstuff-Ceramic-Low-Dust-Brake-Pads-/190985580201?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c77a0aea9&_uhb=1

Amazon doesn't ship the rear pads to Australia.

Regarding the 60k kit sewell has. It refers to their 60,000 Mile

service. It includes the spark plugs which are only needed on our major

90k km service. So just a heads up.

In terms of shipping, you could try using a forwarder to reduce shipping costs from sewell or get items to ship that amazon won't send.

For other Lexus parts (from US) you could try san diego or north miami through their ebay contact. They usually have cheap shipping.

Your best option is to call around and let them know that you have all the parts and they just need to supply the labour.

You wouldn't need to change your air intake back to stock as they only inspect the intake for the 60,000km service.

As a reference only, my invoice shows that the labour charged for my 60,000km service is approx $450.

My dealer said they would give me a $80 discount if I supplied my own parts....lol, I wonder if they'd let me buy it off them at that price.

I notice the Sewell kit contains the engine air filter - is that replaced on the 60,000? I called a few independents and they said their computers say it is but I checked my logbook and it's just inspected?

My dealer said they would give me a $80 discount if I supplied my own parts....lol, I wonder if they'd let me buy it off them at that price.

I notice the Sewell kit contains the engine air filter - is that replaced on the 60,000? I called a few independents and they said their computers say it is but I checked my logbook and it's just inspected?

The service kit that Sewell sells is for the 60,000 mile (equiv. the 90k km) service, which is pretty much a major service including spark plugs.

If you are after a 60,000 km kit, there isn't any but the 60,000 km service is the same service as the 30,000 mile service less the air filter.

Best bet is to buy the parts from the 30,000 mile service and decide whether you want to keep the air filter or change it.

You are correct in saying that you do not need to change the air filter. Mine wasn't changed at my 60,000 km service.

If you continue buying the service kits from Sewell. Every kit comes with the air filter anyway, so you might as well change it. If anything, it would be marginally better for your engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all I got a quote from Chatswood last week for a full service which would cost me $520, just dropped my car in for a service today. I've replaced my own oil and oil filter, also my cabin filter and air filter. I got the techs to fix a few issues like lubricating the driver side window due to making grinding noises, fixing the air con which had a few issues with the temperature, also I got them to fit a new set of rear EBC brake pads which I've supplied myself. Now I get a phone call that my service is still gonna cost me a full $520 plus $145 for labor on installing the brake pads, I don't know about you guys but I think I'm getting ripped off, I will pick up the car on Thursday and have a good chat since they aren't open tomorrow, so what do you guys think? Why am I paying $650+ when I've done most of the stuff myself, labor can't be that expensive right, nor a few issues being fixed would cost that much. thanks

So you bought the parts from sewell and replaced most of everything required on the 60k and they still charged you $520 on top? That sounds expensive if it was just for the brake fluid change that was left and the small things fixed that you mentioned. Even more so with the $145 labour for changing the pads on top.

So you bought the parts from sewell and replaced most of everything required on the 60k and they still charged you $520 on top? That sounds expensive if it was just for the brake fluid change that was left and the small things fixed that you mentioned. Even more so with the $145 labour for changing the pads on top.

Yeah thats correct, the kit even came with brake fluid but they said they didn't need to replace it for this service. Will be having a look at the job sheet and see what has and hasn't been done, definitely not paying full price

Have a chat with Chatswood's service manager. It worked for me when I had an issue with the price I was charged.

Will do, what was your issue about the price?

Yeah thats correct, the kit even came with brake fluid but they said they didn't need to replace it for this service. Will be having a look at the job sheet and see what has and hasn't been done, definitely not paying full price

Wait so if you did the service yourself and they didn't do the brake fluid change - what did they charge you the $520 for?

How much does a full priced service cost for the 60k?

Have a chat with Chatswood's service manager. It worked for me when I had an issue with the price I was charged.

Will do, what was your issue about the price?

It happened 1-2 years ago. When I got home from picking up the car, I reflected on the amount I paid and felt that it was much higher than I expected. I did some research, including contacting friends who use Lexus of Chatswood, and also compared the invoice amount with Lexus of Blackburn's published schedule:

http://www.lexusofblackburn.com.au/services/parts-and-services/services

When Chatswood charged me significantly higher, I knew something wasn't right. It turned out that there was an error in the invoice, and I was immediately refunded the amount overpaid.