Nx200T Nx300H

dis-lex-sic

6NXLineOverseasmodelsshownhr_zps9c5406d2

4NX300hOverseasmodelshownhr_zps285a1ca5.

7NXFSportinteriorOverseasmodelshownhr_zp

The images are protected by copyright and other intellectual property protection by Lexus. Licensed to Lexus Nerd for review or discussion of the Lexus NX in this forum. Overseas models shown.

The front-end design is almost identical to a pre-production photo leaked here on our Club forums.

New information to hand confirms much of what we new following the introduction of the LF-NX concept, such as the available 2-litre turbo engine. We also now know the NX will offer:

• An "innovative outer mirror" - whatever that means ...!
  • "World-first door handle mechanism (with a hidden key barrel and integrated lighting)"
  • Optimised for interior space, with a low seating position and best-in-class luggage load length
  • Lexus-first Wireless Charging Tray for all your portable devices
  • Panoramic view monitor
  • Multi-information Display (including a Lexus-first G sensor and boost meter)
  • HUD will be available
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert (I note that this was available on overseas IS models, but not Australian ones - so it remains to be seen whether we'll see this in Australian NX specs)

A 2-litre NA version will be available for some markets, athough it's hard to see Lexus Australia offering an engine with less than the 170 kW or thereabouts promised for the 2-litre turbo.

want..

-Lexus-first Wireless Charging Tray for all your portable device

-HUD will be available

"A 2-litre NA version will be available for some markets, athough it's
hard to see Lexus Australia offering an engine with less than the 170 kW
or thereabouts promised for the 2-litre turbo."

new 250 engine replacement i guess.

Yes - I am interested in one of these - I hope the seating position isn't low like the GLA, one of the benefits of a high seating position is your visibility in traffic, that is being able to see ahead and behind.

I expect comfort to be very good, and fit and finish up to the usual Lexus strandard.

Here is a link to our American cousins site : http://www.clublexus.com/articles/news/clublexus-exclusive-first-look-at-the-2015-lexus-nx200t-f-sport.php

The NX was officially launched in Beijing today. There wasn't much real information added to what we already knew from press releases made earlier in the month. But we do now know that Lexus' first turbo engine will produce 173 kW and 350 Nm in the NX 200t.

Lexus Australia has comfirmed arrival of the 145 kW NX 300h in the fourth quarter of this year, while the NX 200t will arrive "early in 2015". Both will be available as 2WD or AWD, the 300h featuring "E-Four AWD".

I felt the same about spindle grill - at the time it seemed like something out of a 'pimp my ride' episode, but it has grown on me now. If priced right, I think these will be popular.

Yes - it is the front air scoops, overly aggressive wheel arches and general front side profile that don't appeal to me. Looks a little like a Batmoble.

The spindle grill is the least of it I reckon.

Still I think it will sell well with the young'ens. I can see a few of my generation (50's plus) feeling abit silly riding in it.

high_szb48771.jpg

And it is this statement on the website:

Cabin design prioritizes seating and interior space. The NX possesses
the lowest hip point in the segment
, adding to the connection between
the driver and the vehicle and increasing overall head room
. The quilted
pattern of the seats and varied pad thickness express the crossover
intention of the vehicle.

which sounds like a low seating position to me. Not something that appeals.

The 'Spindle' front ends look awesome

Yes - that is a good feature. Mind you - I suspect you are exactly the demographic Lexus are targetting mate (and I wish I was! ).

Cheers

A low seating position is just silly in an SUV. All the so-called premium manufacturers are chasing a younger demographic by making their cars more aggressively styled, lower and harder-riding. They do this at their peril - don't forget it's us oldies with the bad backs and dodgy hips that are still the main purchasers of premium cars. We need a HIGH hip-point for ease of entry and exit. I'm not going to buy a car which is painful for me to get in and out of.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

don't forget it's us oldies with the bad backs and dodgy hips that are still the main purchasers of premium cars.

Not sure where you get that from.

It may have been correct 10-15 years ago but the demographic has changed. The average age of a new Lexus buyer is I5-20 years younger than it was pre 2000.

don't forget it's us oldies with the bad backs and dodgy hips that are still the main purchasers of premium cars.

Not sure where you get that from.

It may have been correct 10-15 years ago but the demographic has changed. The average age of a new Lexus buyer is I5-20 years younger than it was pre 2000.

Down from 75 to 60 :D

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a Mazda with a HSV grille, just like the CT200h - except Mazda re-designed the "3" while Lexus will keep the CT200h for another 10 years with no changes.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know the pricing for the hybrid? (NX-300h)

I don't think Aus prices have been released but I would imagine that will be soon.

Although UK prices have been announced - starting at £29,495 (approx. $54k) for the 300h "S" trim.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a read of the reviews for the NX300h, a lot of complains about the CVT noise and struggling with the engine.. Not sure why they didnt put the similiar engine like RX450h

Curious whether the 200T will have similar issue with Audi's 2.0 turbo Petrol engine as well (oil rising issue)