Hey all,

I've heard that Water Pumps tend to fail earlier than average with these cars.

Mine's fine so far, but I wanna be prepared.

When its time to replace the water pump. Do you guys recommend any particular brand of water pumps?

E.g. Gates, Dayco, Bosch, etc.

Would it make a difference going aftermarket?

Thanks in advance.

how many kms on your car?

iv had my is250 close to 200K kms

and never had a problem with a water pump

if i was to replace water pumps ill rather go with genuine

how many kms on your car?

iv had my is250 close to 200K kms

and never had a problem with a water pump

if i was to replace water pumps ill rather go with genuine

Mine has done 90k kms. The water pump is fine for now. I've just heard from multiple sources, that that water pumps need to be replaced earlier compared to other cars.

So I was wondering if going aftermarket would be better than the genuine? Unless of course they've improved the genuine ones, compared to the ones that were fitted at the factory.

I too would also try and stick with genuine for something like water pumps. Unless the car is really old.

My old man's Toyota Aurion water pump was replaced at about 140,000 kms, which I believe is about average. Told him to get our mechanic to use a genuine water pump, but he doesn't think he'll hold on to the car for a long time, so he didn't bother going genuine. I personally would have used genuine, as it was only $95 extra.

My 2008 IS250X water pump started leaking at about 30000 km and was replaced under warranty by the dealer during a normal service. I purchased the car second hand from the dealer and took an extended warranty, it was replaced with a genuine part under that.

So my IS250 has been at the dealer recenly for warranty work. I think they attended to the timing chain tensioner and VVT-i, not sure what exactly was wrong with it. But I was told that they're going to do the water pump as well under warranty.

So hopefully I won't have to worry about the water pump for a while now.