What oil does lexus use in the ISF

2bling

My service receipts say Lexus LGMO 10W-30, I asked whether it was repackaged and was told it was can't recall what brand Mobil1 sounds familiar but I note current products on their site don't show 10w-30 synthetic.

So it says 5w-30 in the book fully synthetic or semi?? surely some of you change your own oil maybe the moderators know????

2bling

Yes some of us do, hahaha. 

I am about to use Dexos2 full synthetic 5W30. I purchase this oil through GMH, 20Ltr.  The oil is actually FUCHS oil is is long life spec.  The thing is our cars take nearly 10Ltrs.

Will also replace my transmission fluid with Penrite ATFLV fluid as my car now has 38k on the clock. 

Depending on where you are ring the nearest GMH dealership to yourself & get put through to spare parts & ask for it. 

Regards Peter.K

I was thinking Magnatec 5w-30 penrite 5w-30 or genuine Toyota 5w-30, at the moment the oil is half way between full and empty car was serviced 2000kms ago just want to top it up cheers.

Ok now that is different. Being that you just had it serviced go back to that dealership & get a Ltr of the oil they used in your car when they did it. Most oil 

brands do NOT recommend mixing oils as they all have their own blends & additives.  If you were topping up before a service different again. But 2k from last 

service, get what they used. 

Toyota packaged oil is not necessarily genuine oil, as oil companies design oils to meet the requirements & specs that Vehicle Manufactures have asked for. 

Some use Castrol, some Mobil, some Shell & Valvoline and so on. Generally it is whoever gives them the best deal. 

Guess 32 years in this trade teaches you a little. 

Thanks Peter i cant take it back bought it private but the bloke bought it from chatswood Lexus still got 2.5 year extended warranty i will ring them on Monday, and yes 40 years a mechanic i know a thing or to cheers.

Ok rang Chatswood Lexus this morning and they said they use 10w-30 Castrol semi synthetic on my last service and all ISF oil changes,very interesting as the book says 5w30. Nothing wrong with Magnatec i have run it in my SS and Aurion ZR6 with no issues  PS any one want to buy a SS cheap cheers.

• 6 years later...
On 11/4/2022 at 5:02 PM, Carlos said:

a 'cheap' SS? lol i have one for sale too but it aint dheap!

dude that reply was 6 years ago

unless your reply is about topic please do not revive a old thread 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...