Getting Eibachs!

Well, i've decided to bite the bullet and go for a set of Eibach's. Fortunately, i will be getting the last set in Australia (the supplier said there was only one left in the country! :o ).

So yeah, by the end of the week, i will be 30mm closer to the ground :lol:

Well, i've decided to bite the bullet and go for a set of Eibach's. Fortunately, i will be getting the last set in Australia (the supplier said there was only one left in the country! :o ).

So yeah, by the end of the week, i will be 30mm closer to the ground :lol:

Remember feedbacks and Pics.....

Matt

Well its done :lol: . I was pretty nervous at first, because I wasnt sure 30mm would be enough, and having read of others saying the Eibach's only lowered 0.75" with little noticeable difference. Also, I have read plenty of times about troubles with ABS and TRAC lights after lowering. However I am glad to say that all those fears were not realised, and the install went very very smoothly. As soon as I laid eyes on the car, I noticed a huge difference. In truth, I think think the drop at the rear approached 1.5". Anyways, the glaring gap that was in the back is now all but disappeared. Definetly looks much more sporty. So aesthetically, i would give it 10/10.

Now, as for the ride. I only picked up the car a few hours ago, and have driven it around for about an hour and a half. Based on this limited time, I can say that the ride is as comfortable as before, with just a little more road noise when going over bumps. However at the same time, body roll and lean has been reduced (got some windy roads near home :D). This is in agreement with what I have read elsewhere about these springs. Again, I will have to drive more to give a more detailed review, but so far so good. So in terms of ride comfort, 9/10.

Now, i decided to make a picture record of the lowering, before and after shots, etc. It can be accessed here:

Clicky

The new pics start with the eibach box :P

So in conclusion, I would definetly recommend these springs. Total cost, $660AUD. VERY reasonable price and excellent service too.

Thanks to all the LOC and IS300.net members for answering my questions over the last few months. Very helpful B)

If anyone has any questions, let me know and I will be happy to help

Well its done :lol: . I was pretty nervous at first, because I wasnt sure 30mm would be enough, and having read of others saying the Eibach's only lowered 0.75" with little noticeable difference. Also, I have read plenty of times about troubles with ABS and TRAC lights after lowering. However I am glad to say that all those fears were not realised, and the install went very very smoothly. As soon as I laid eyes on the car, I noticed a huge difference. In truth, I think think the drop at the rear approached 1.5". Anyways, the glaring gap that was in the back is now all but disappeared. Definetly looks much more sporty. So aesthetically, i would give it 10/10.

Now, as for the ride. I only picked up the car a few hours ago, and have driven it around for about an hour and a half. Based on this limited time, I can say that the ride is as comfortable as before, with just a little more road noise when going over bumps. However at the same time, body roll and lean has been reduced (got some windy roads near home :D). This is in agreement with what I have read elsewhere about these springs. Again, I will have to drive more to give a more detailed review, but so far so good. So in terms of ride comfort, 9/10.

Now, i decided to make a picture record of the lowering, before and after shots, etc. It can be accessed here:

Clicky

So in conclusion, I would definetly recommend these springs. Total cost, $660AUD. VERY reasonable price and excellent service too.

Thanks to all the LOC and IS300.net members for answering my questions over the last few months. Very helpful B)

Enjoy :) ......next B)

Clicky

Nice work OZIS200!!!

:D Its nice that people in Australisia is getting more and more different springs for us to compare with, so far the club has only been opened for a month and we got 2 members getting their lowering kit done...please place a comment on the pinned topic on the top of this forum so others in the future will know what they want without asking same questions again and again. Nice work again.

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Lextcy:

U the last set in AUS?? IS that mean I can't have Eibach springs anymore b/c u got the last set? :unsure:

thanks

SSML

Im not 100% sure but thats what the Eibach guy said apparently. U can always email them to confirm. www.eibach.com.au