RCF brake rotors and pads

Rotho69

I am hoping someone can help me, please. My 2014 RCF needs new rotors and pads front and rear and I was wondering if there are alternatives available to the OEM stuff? I am in Brisbane.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Hi, I am currently investigating as well. From what I have found so far is:

1. OEM
2. FIGS Engineering
3. RR Racing

I am tending towards FIGS at the moment. Need to decide this week.

BTW how many KM have you done on the originals?

30,000km. I am going to get the rotors measured next week to see if they can be skimmed and have new pads fitted but im not hopeful. Thanks forthe info! What sort of money are you expecting to pay?

Not sure about Rotors but Brakes Direct appear to have pads for the RCF.  Im not fortunate enough to have an RCF, only my old and trusted ISF :-) but got Project Mu's and DBA's for it and the service overall was great along with the price.

http://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/catalogsearch/result/?q=vehicle&make=Lexus&model=RC&generation=2014-%2B%28C10%29&submodel=RC%20F

Maybe you can message them direct for possible rotor replacements like DBA etc

17 minutes ago, BLK ISF said:

Not sure about Rotors but Brakes Direct appear to have pads for the RCF.  Im not fortunate enough to have an RCF, only my old and trusted ISF :-) but got Project Mu's and DBA's for it and the service overall was great along with the price.

http://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/catalogsearch/result/?q=vehicle&make=Lexus&model=RC&generation=2014-%2B%28C10%29&submodel=RC%20F

Maybe you can message them direct for possible rotor replacements like DBA etc

Thanks mate, ill give them a try.

Hi, here is what i have found so far.

1. OEM = approx US$2,000 delivered

2. Figs = approx US$3,100 delivered

This included 2 piece discs, ET500 pads (Street), Castrol SRF, SS lines. I also opted for extra RB XR70 pads for track days(US$300).

Should last >5 times longer than OEM and look cool!!

3. RR-Racing = approx = US$3,200

This includes discs and Endless MX72 pads for street/track.

I was looking at Figs as the specs showed 34mm discs as apposed to 32mm for rr-racing. 

Let me know how you go with Brakes Direct please?

• 4 weeks later...

Long story short on this saga: got a second opinion on the brakes and it turns out that the front rotors could be machined and pads replaced and the rear rotors were in near perfect condition! Suffice to say that I am disgusted with Lexus Indooroopilly's attempted gouge... This, combined with the dealerships refusal to offer the pick up and delivery service because i didnt purchase the car through them means that i will never use these shonks again! Be warned: Ned Kelly has nothing on these clowns!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, I have completed my brake replacement/upgrade.

I now have installed RR-Racing Competition 2 Piece Slotted Rotors front and rear.

They went onto the car without any issues and fitted perfectly.

A big thanks to Lexus of Chatswood for checking my work after I had completed. These guys do really look after me very well.

I think the brakes look great and they are noise free. I have only completed 200 kms so far since yesterday so I am looking forward to see how they last.

A big test will be a track day in July so hopefully they perform as good as they look.

I have included 2 quick photos of before and after.

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the Lexus Australia test day yesterday as SMP. Unfortunately i have to wait till 19th to test the brakes.

I got to drive the LC500, LC500h and GSF around the track. They are all great cars.

I thought i was going ok but then Tony (race car driver) took me for a few hot laps in the LC500. WOW I are not even close to the limits of my car.

I use to rub chicanes, he just goes over them completely, and sideways through corners! You can be so much more aggressive than I am.

Then again, I think he could go through a set of tires very very quickly.

I will update after 19th July to let you know how brakes go.

Stainless Steel brake lines should be here Monday and then Castrol SRF oil will be flushed through. 

I have to stop spending money. My wife will eventually notice!

• Like 1

Sounds like you had a good time playing with the LC500, LC500h and GSF,  very nice.  it’s good to be driven around the track by a professional driver.    I’ll see you on the 19th.      There are always more toys you need.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, 

It was great to meet a few of you yesterday.

What a day! My brakes were flawless. I found i could brake very late and hard and they were just flawless all day.

They were quiet during the track sessions and are also silent back on the street with the same pads.

I am happy!

Great news on the brakes, so good that they performed well. Not surprising considering who sold them, they sell great products!

Just an FYI on the brake discs, the ISF has some very cheap online OEM options, would be surprised if something couldn't be found for the RCF:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Two-Front-Two-Rear-Disc-Brake-Rotors-Brembo-For-Lexus-IS-F-2008-2009-2014/152093664789?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

For that price ill be getting a set for the ISF from there.. When i do ill post in the forum and see if anyone wants to get a set to save even further on shipping :yes:

14 hours ago, PRV said:

Hi All, 

It was great to meet a few of you yesterday.

What a day! My brakes were flawless. I found i could brake very late and hard and they were just flawless all day.

They were quiet during the track sessions and are also silent back on the street with the same pads.

I am happy!

It was good to catch up, & it was a great day as usual.