First Road Trip

Well that was fun!!

Did my first ever decent open highway run from Auckland to Hamilton yesterday,and although I've done it before in my previous '98 as200 this car is a new ball game!

Car is immaculate in respect to handling through low and high speed corners-the tuned factory suspension package has definately been well thought out.My previous car had a tendancy to "load up" the rear suspension when pushed harder than normal in tighter corners,resulting in a "pogo" effect-this car suffers minimal body roll whilst maintaining comfort and suffers NO adverse effects! Steering is suprisingly nuetral also....

Power delivery also is much different-it's music to the ear to hear this car pulling stronger the further into the rev range you venture-transmission caters pretty well,but am thinking the addition of a decent oil cooler may prolong life and (perhaps) add to the quality of the shifting under harder spells of driving.

The Tyres I've placed(new Falcons) are up to the measure also,never once showing signs of the limits through the extensive back road section-well within tolerance levels for road noise also at highway speeds.

All in all-I'm no Le-mans driver,but this car would inspire me to feel like I could push the boundries with a level of confidence NONE of my previous cars have been able to offer(and there's been some decent ones at that!)

Stoked!

Big thanks to 4rollin who took the time to meet up and have a quick chat-great to meet members outside of Auckland when I get the chance.

Just as a comparison- (and only during a passing section) 125 KPH is only showing 3000 rpm... is this comparable with a standard car? Wondering if my transmission has been altered in any way....

Cheers people,

Gav.

Well that was fun!!

Did my first ever decent open highway run from Auckland to Hamilton yesterday,and although I've done it before in my previous '98 as200 this car is a new ball game!

Car is immaculate in respect to handling through low and high speed corners-the tuned factory suspension package has definately been well thought out.My previous car had a tendancy to "load up" the rear suspension when pushed harder than normal in tighter corners,resulting in a "pogo" effect-this car suffers minimal body roll whilst maintaining comfort and suffers NO adverse effects! Steering is suprisingly nuetral also....

Power delivery also is much different-it's music to the ear to hear this car pulling stronger the further into the rev range you venture-transmission caters pretty well,but am thinking the addition of a decent oil cooler may prolong life and (perhaps) add to the quality of the shifting under harder spells of driving.

The Tyres I've placed(new Falcons) are up to the measure also,never once showing signs of the limits through the extensive back road section-well within tolerance levels for road noise also at highway speeds.

All in all-I'm no Le-mans driver,but this car would inspire me to feel like I could push the boundries with a level of confidence NONE of my previous cars have been able to offer(and there's been some decent ones at that!)

Stoked!

Big thanks to 4rollin who took the time to meet up and have a quick chat-great to meet members outside of Auckland when I get the chance.

Just as a comparison- (and only during a passing section) 125 KPH is only showing 3000 rpm... is this comparable with a standard car? Wondering if my transmission has been altered in any way....

Cheers people,

Gav.

Nice Work Gav:

I've done 2 trips down to Hamilton with my car...Did 4ROLLIN metion anything about the cards I sedn him last week? hopefully he got it already...

Matthew

Sounds like great fun Gav! I assume that was over the river at Rangiriri and down the back road to Ngaruwahia...

Certainly a nice package.

From the sounds of Matt's report the IS300s also improve with lowering and don't degrade the ride.

Yesterday I bought a Nissan Wingroad to replace my Sentra wagon as a company vehicle. The beam rear axle of the front wheel drive has been replaced by a very fancy independent rear suspension with 4wd. Finally got rid of the inescapable front wheel spin on wet roads, and am expecting much better handling also. I put 280,000km on the Sentra, (which I am passing on to my son... :lol: ) and I hope the Altezza is as good! :)

Good to catch up with you Gav, sounds like you enjoyed the drive which is always good to hear.

"Matt", I got the cards first thing on Monday morning (thankyou very much), will have to track down some of these owners in Hamilton which wont be an easy task as would have already pulled over with altezza/lexus's drivers if I find them or catch up to them. Shouldn't be a problem to find a few, just might take a while.

cheers guys..............

4ROLLN...Cool, Please past them on...

Greeneyes, what the new car you bought again? never heard of it?

Matt :D

PS: anyone else want a 25 set of those cards which are outside AKL, HAM and PLM, please PM me and I will send out a set.....thanks