Hi  Im looking to put a set of 20" wheels on my 2007 IS250 possibly 20 x 9 on the front 20 x 10"s on the rear could anyone tell me if this combination is achievable and what offsets are needed.

cheer  

To do it legally you will have to be running 30 width tyres on 20inch rims then you have to figure in the offset. It's doable but you need to factor in all of the facts to do it legally. You need to find a set of wheels that will fit under your guards without fouling your brakes or rubbing on your guards. So offset is the key factor. How long is a piece of string? You need to look at the wheels you want and then figure whether they come in an offset that will actually fit in your guards without changing the way that your car drives and keeping an offset equivalency. Otherwise... you're just turning your car into a rubbish box.

Thanks for the reply Kronos

I'm just looking for something a little different from the normal everyday wheels you see about ...I've been looking at Vossen wheels something with a decent concave, one of the main reasons I'm opting to go with 20"s  there's just a bigger selection of wheels 

I've been going through some of the  Americain Lexus forums and some say they have gone as big as 20 x 11 on the rear running a 275/30/20  with no scrubbing, I think that"s stretching it a bit.

I"m trying to achieve a wide and low look, I will be modifying the suspension with adjustable coil overs to adjust the height to suit, I have even considered going down the airbag suspension  road  

9 and 10s combo

mid 30s front

low 40s rear will give u a close to flush fitment without modding your guards

wanna go anymore agressive with camber go

low 30s front mid 30s rear

btw a FLY

regardless of streched tyres or not and offset etc

your going to destroy your guard liners if you lower it

even with stock height with decent rubber you will rub the inner guard liners on full lock

Edited by ilv1004s

2 hours ago, robbieis250 said:

Thanks for the reply Kronos

I'm just looking for something a little different from the normal everyday wheels you see about ...I've been looking at Vossen wheels something with a decent concave, one of the main reasons I'm opting to go with 20"s  there's just a bigger selection of wheels 

I've been going through some of the  Americain Lexus forums and some say they have gone as big as 20 x 11 on the rear running a 275/30/20  with no scrubbing, I think that"s stretching it a bit.

I"m trying to achieve a wide and low look, I will be modifying the suspension with adjustable coil overs to adjust the height to suit, I have even considered going down the airbag suspension  road  

If you're going to buy new talk to the distributor about what you need in terms of offset for your rim width. A decent concave or dish will affect this a bit also, but the distributor will be able to do what you want or go somewhere else where someone can find what you want. I'm used to buying second hand in which case a wheel offset calculator helps, but if you're buying new then you don't have to worry about what fits and does not fit. In a perfect world they'll have the right wheel for you or build it.

To be honest... Hella flush is hella crap... don't even worry about that. I used to be a fitment king myself... In the end if you want to make your car hella flush and want to upset the ride and handling of some of the best cars Lexus/Toyota have made then you're not particularly smart in my books. At the end of the day its about how your car drives not what it looks like.  That doesn't mean I don't like nice wheels it means these days I like to do it properly.

if... ..... .........you're worried re legalities also check if you can go more than 1" bigger in diameter in your state.

You may also get a harsher ride and may also get more inner wear due to shorter and stiffer sidewall not absorbing camber changes.