Hi guys, just a heads up for anybody interested I've put 3.66 gears in my 350.

The transmission behaves OK, holds gears a little more in sport with normal driving, OK if you get stuck into it though (onyl time mines ever in sport) 

This is definitely how the car should have come from the factory, 0-100 may have been effected but overall it is a much nicer drive, not as full on as the 4.1's from the 2IS into our cars 

• 2 weeks later...

Well done!  Can you tell me what the previous ratio was?  perhaps  10/41 and what is the ratio now.

I recently changed my 1999 Prado over from 4.1 (10/41) to 3.72 (11/41) and love it.  Had to change the tailshaft yoke as well.  Speedo also reads 10% lower than previous, but only 6% lower than true.

Wife has and  IS250 and top gear seems about right - about 2400rpm at freeway speed (115kph).  So you are saying the IS350 runs the same gearing?

On 4/3/2019 at 9:16 AM, The Mekon said:

I recently changed my 1999 Prado over from 4.1 (10/41) to 3.72 (11/41) and love it.  Had to change the tailshaft yoke as well

Hope you changed both diffs 😱

IS350 What series is yours 2 or 3?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, bazzle said:

Hope you changed both diffs 😱

IS350 What series is yours 2 or 3?

2010 IS250.

No, did not change the front diff.  I removed the front drive shaft and only use the Prado in RWD.  It's great.   Still capable off road as the rear diff is a LSD, the front is not.