Any potential trouble after 150,000 km's?

I have a 2011 is350 f sport. coming up on 150,000 km's now and am considering if i should sell and move onto a car with lesser km's, or stick with it

Do these cars have any major troubles around this km range? Touch wood nothing has gone wrong so far, i have just been servicing as per the book

I am considering doing a full transmission fuild change. I know that the book says its a sealed unit for life, however i dont trust that. no oil lasts "for life". 

Yep if you keep oil changes and filters and don't abuse the car you can get 4000000 km,s out of it, if you want to keep it for a loooonnnng time cheers.

• 1 month later...

cheers will do. 

theres 2 other things bugging me about the car which hopefully i can get sorted as well:

1. drivers seat is squeaking. i believe that this is because the foam inside is rubbing against the frame. looks like a mission to get the drivers seat out of the car properley!

2. my stereo makes bluetooth phone calls, but doesnt stream bluetooth music. am looking to either upgrade to the next model stereo which does, or get some sort of aftermarket plugin. 

any recommendations on these 2?

On 7/20/2019 at 9:29 AM, water said:

cheers will do. 

theres 2 other things bugging me about the car which hopefully i can get sorted as well:

1. drivers seat is squeaking. i believe that this is because the foam inside is rubbing against the frame. looks like a mission to get the drivers seat out of the car properley!

2. my stereo makes bluetooth phone calls, but doesnt stream bluetooth music. am looking to either upgrade to the next model stereo which does, or get some sort of aftermarket plugin. 

any recommendations on these 2?

I purchased one of these about 6 months ago so i could stream music wirelessly as the Bluetooth on the Lexus is pretty prehistoric. I sit it inside the centre console (its only tiny - about the size of your key fob) and it gets power from the usb port and then uses a 3.5mm headphone connector to connect to the cars radio: https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/one-for-all-bluetooth-music-receiver-ue-sv1810

On 7/22/2019 at 10:46 AM, _ISF said:

I purchased one of these about 6 months ago so i could stream music wirelessly as the Bluetooth on the Lexus is pretty prehistoric. I sit it inside the centre console (its only tiny - about the size of your key fob) and it gets power from the usb port and then uses a 3.5mm headphone connector to connect to the cars radio: https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/one-for-all-bluetooth-music-receiver-ue-sv1810

good suggestion. would the steering wheel controls still work? next, back, volume up/down etc

On 7/25/2019 at 1:53 PM, water said:

good suggestion. would the steering wheel controls still work? next, back, volume up/down etc

Yes everything still works

On 7/29/2019 at 2:06 PM, _ISF said:

Yes everything still works

Do car controls really work? If the UE-SV1810 is connected to your phone via bluetooth and the sound goes via 3.5 mm AUX to the car audio system, how do the car controls work the phone? I thought the controls could only work the USB (iPod), as well as car CD etc.

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2019 at 10:46 AM, _ISF said:

As i have now sold my IS-F i have the Bluetooth module linked above that i no longer have use for. As long as your car has an AUX port then you can use this device to play music via Bluetooth in your IS250, IS350 or IS-F. 

I got it for Christmas so its only 9 months old, and still works perfectly. I purchased a shorter AUX cable as the one that came with it was about 1m long and i only needed it to be about 15cm long as it was mounted in the centre console. Happy to provide both cables and you can choose where you want to mount it.

$50 shoot me a message on here or text me zero four22 247 831

• Like 1