First post, IS350

aMk13*

Happy Holidays everyone! this is my first post here, i have a question regarding my 2011 IS350. Do any of you have an aftermarket cold air intake or your 2IS? if so, would you recommend getting one? I'm interested in the F-Sport air intake for mine, i already have a full invidia catback on the car but feel like adding more to it. Also how do you all time your car's 0-100 km/h as accurately as possible? (i know 0-100 time isn't something i should be too fussed about but i'm genuinely curious) 😅 

I had a Takeda intake which almost sounded like a V8 haha. Most say that you get heat soak and some power loss (probably like 5hp loss) but I couldn't tell the difference. Anyway if you're after some nice growl get a Takeda. 😁

7 minutes ago, pearlisf said:

I had a Takeda intake which almost sounded like a V8 haha. Most say that you get heat soak and some power loss (probably like 5hp loss) but I couldn't tell the difference. Anyway if you're after some nice growl get a Takeda. 😁

That sounds sweet! I've heard people say that the f sport intake is supposed to give around 5hp gains but probably won't sound as good as takeda. Hmmm hard choice

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aMk13* said:

Happy Holidays everyone! this is my first post here, i have a question regarding my 2011 IS350. Do any of you have an aftermarket cold air intake or your 2IS? if so, would you recommend getting one? I'm interested in the F-Sport air intake for mine, i already have a full invidia catback on the car but feel like adding more to it. Also how do you all time your car's 0-100 km/h as accurately as possible? (i know 0-100 time isn't something i should be too fussed about but i'm genuinely curious) 😅 

I would select an aftermarket upgrade that is a filter within a sealed box, like the F Sport. I have this on my IS350, the increase in diameter on the cold air intake vs. stock makes a big difference. I did monitor using ODII scan tool to read OEM setup for airflow off the MAF sensor and compared after the install of F Sport intake & K&N highflow filter. The numbers did jump, now does this translate into Kw gain, not sure because I didn't dyno before or after. Lexus claim 2-3HP gain, nothing to write home about. In short an intake will not massively change much in the car other than aesthetics and sound.... Hey $600-$800 for a good looking car, is worth it!!!   

8 minutes ago, JayLexin said:

I would select an aftermarket upgrade that is a filter within a sealed box, like the F Sport. I have this on my IS350, the increase in diameter on the cold air intake vs. stock makes a big difference. I did monitor using ODII scan tool to read OEM setup for airflow off the MAF sensor and compared after the install of F Sport intake & K&N highflow filter. The numbers did jump, now does this translate into Kw gain, not sure because I didn't dyno before or after. Lexus claim 2-3HP gain, nothing to write home about. In short an intake will not massively change much in the car other than aesthetics and sound.... Hey $600-$800 for a good looking car, is worth it!!!   

Thanks for the detailed reply, that's precisely why i want to go with the f sport intake, heard alot of good things about it. And you're right I'm more than happy to spend $$ on my 350. This is the first ever car that I've modded and I'm addicted lol. Since i already have a full cat back system i might aswell get the intake since they go well together, so I've heard 

2 hours ago, aMk13* said:

That sounds sweet! I've heard people say that the f sport intake is supposed to give around 5hp gains but probably won't sound as good as takeda. Hmmm hard choice

All depends on what you're after. I was just after the sound and didn't mind the slight hp loss. But you have an exhaust so the sound should be sorted anyway. 

1 hour ago, pearlisf said:

All depends on what you're after. I was just after the sound and didn't mind the slight hp loss. But you have an exhaust so the sound should be sorted anyway. 

Yeah I'm more interested in a slight power gain, and just want my engine to breathe better basically

• Like 1