Driver side mirror folding actuator

ich1ban

Hey all,

My car has recently developed an issue on the driver side folding mirror whereby it will fold outwards completely from the closed/opened position whenever the car starts up(despite not having auto folding feature on the ISF), or if I press the buttons to manually open/close them. 

Please see attached for a video of the issue.

I've done some googling on it but haven't really found anything much at all, and whilst it seems to rotate perfectly fine except for not stopping at the correct open position, the dealership wants to replace the entire assembly which costs a fair bit - has anyone encountered this issue before?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3i5Xoafphj6NWg8v7

Edit: Have maybe found a relevant link but for the RX instead, potentially the same issue? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015/854758-side-mirror-problem-on-2013-rx-350-a.html#post10557699

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for the reply.

You mean to replace the entire enclosure? From the other clublexus forums it seems to be just a small plastic part inside that's broken that stops it turning outwards - Thought it seemed kind of excessive to replace the entire mirror and enclosure for just a small broken clip inside. 

Lexus quoted $1500~ and a 2 month wait to source the part from Japan... 

7 hours ago, ich1ban said:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

You mean to replace the entire enclosure? From the other clublexus forums it seems to be just a small plastic part inside that's broken that stops it turning outwards - Thought it seemed kind of excessive to replace the entire mirror and enclosure for just a small broken clip inside. 

Lexus quoted $1500~ and a 2 month wait to source the part from Japan... 

Find a used mirror for 300 or so

Replace it with ur parts etc

As a person whos done it this way due to customers requests it can be a 5 6 hour process

• Like 1