Hi gang,

can anyone let me know what 18x8" alloys they are aware of to suit my IS250 Prestige (I love my car but goddamn I hate those "cardigan" 16's) I believe the stud pattern is the same as the IS200/300 but the offset is different.

cheers

naka

Hi gang,

can anyone let me know what 18x8" alloys they are aware of to suit my IS250 Prestige (I love my car but goddamn I hate those "cardigan" 16's) I believe the stud pattern is the same as the IS200/300 but the offset is different.

cheers

naka

whoops .... I should have added, Im in Melbourne, Oz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have just purchased set of 18's from USA for about $1000AUS imported. issue with with tyre sizes and possible need to replace speedo gear wheel due to larger dia. wheels/tyre combo. Does anyone know if these are different between the various IS 250 models?

David

Hi gang,

cheers

naka

Hi gang,

cheers

naka

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

I'm intrigued about your purchase from the US.

How did you go about this, and what was the quality of the product like?

Did you get genuine Lexus OEM rims?

How much was shipping and what taxes did you have to pay? How long did it take?

Very keen!

ElCapitan

Hi gang,

cheers

naka

Hi gang,

cheers

naka

Have a look at your Lexus service centre, my one in chatswood has several sizes on display for the car. I have picked some 18"spider rims from CTW for my prestige is250. These were the best they had on display so i went for them, much better than those ugly 16"s on the prestige

http://www.citictrading.com.au/cfm/wt_prod...d=1&prod_id=165

palms

• 3 weeks later...

Hi gang,

cheers

naka

Hi gang,

cheers

naka

Have a look at your Lexus service centre, my one in chatswood has several sizes on display for the car. I have picked some 18"spider rims from CTW for my prestige is250. These were the best they had on display so i went for them, much better than those ugly 16"s on the prestige

http://www.citictrading.com.au/cfm/wt_prod...d=1&prod_id=165

palms

Me again......

I have changed my mind on my new 18's. I have now ordered these Karla Advanti racing wheels.

http://www.mrmag.com.au/catalog/images/karla.jpg

My local dealer had them on a silver is250 right next to the black that i am getting and thought these have style, any comment welcome.

palms

• 5 weeks later...

Hi gang,

cheers

naka

Hi gang,

cheers

naka

http://www.citictrading.com.au/cfm/wt_prod...amp;prod_id=165

palms

Me again......

I have changed my mind on my new 18's. I have now ordered these Karla Advanti racing wheels.

http://www.mrmag.com.au/catalog/images/karla.jpg

My local dealer had them on a silver is250 right next to the black that i am getting and thought these have style, any comment welcome.

palms

Finally got the car, have taken a few quick shots with the phone camera so the quality is poor but you get to see what i think looks awesome.

30062006453fixed9go.th.jpg

30062006454fixed6ug.th.jpg

30062006455fixed3lx.th.jpg

30062006456fixed7bl.th.jpg

palms

Hey Palm,

Could you get a close-up shot of the rear wheel. I am interested to see the difference it makes.

I’ve got the same car and also thinking of putting the 18”s.

Cheers

ZC

I took a beter pic for you, this is after i did a complete detail from start. I didn't get the tyres completed but they are cleaner than they were.

I am doing a new post how and what i used to get this looking as it is.

Please note that i am finding that the tyers are hitting somewhere in the wheel wall when turning at a tight angle. I have read on the USA forums that this only happened to the AWD version over there but it looks like it's happening when 18's are put on instead of the original 16's. I am getting a second delivery this weekend/checkup for those asking what i mean and will ask what can be done. It's not like they are not for the car as the sports and sports luxury have 18's as standard.

rearwheelshot6tp.th.jpg

palms

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Palm,

Could you get a close-up shot of the rear wheel. I am interested to see the difference it makes.

Cheers

ZC

I took a beter pic for you, this is after i did a complete detail from start. I didn't get the tyres completed but they are cleaner than they were.

Please note that i am finding that the tyers are hitting somewhere in the wheel wall when turning at a tight angle. I have read on the USA forums that this only happened to the AWD version over there but it looks like it's happening when 18's are put on instead of the original 16's. I am getting a second delivery this weekend/checkup for those asking what i mean and will ask what can be done. It's not like they are not for the car as the sports and sports luxury have 18's as standard.

rearwheelshot6tp.th.jpg

palms

Hey palms,

how did you go with asking Lexus about the rubbing when you got your 2nd Delivery?

Cheers

Hey Palm,

Cheers

ZC

rearwheelshot6tp.th.jpg

palms

Hey palms,

how did you go with asking Lexus about the rubbing when you got your 2nd Delivery?

Cheers

I have mentioned it to them and they said they will look into it after i get a major issue fixed. It turns out that i have paint issues on my roof bonnet and boot. I am in the middle getting it looked at so it looks like a new car coming my way if lexus do the right thing. For those who want to know all cars are protected with plastic from port to port, the plastic on my car has from the sun, rain or what ever cause some sort of humidity to seep into the paints clear which won't buff out, it is really noticable in the sun but no so much in the shade or under cover which is why i think they have missed it, i am waiting for lexus to get back to me.

Back to the tyers...I won't get an answer until i get this issue sorted out but they have told me some people have reported having the same problem, what they did to fix the problem i have no idea so i guess i will have to wait and see the outcome.

palms

Wow - I immediately wanted to go and look at my car after reading that.

I hope the dealership does the right thing. Not exactly the start to Lexus ownership that you would have wanted.

Keep me posted on the wheels although I will probably hold off on 18's for a while anyway. I'm poor at the moment!

On another note, I'm starting to see more and more IS250's out there these days. Nice mix of colours out there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi gang,

cheers

naka

Hi gang,

cheers

naka

http://www.citictrading.com.au/cfm/wt_prod...amp;prod_id=165

palms

Hi guys,

I've ordered the IS250 Prestige in black on black leather..I am also getting 18x8 on them ( I agree with the granny wheels comment)...has anyone seen or have the ROH Vapor 18 inch rims?..apart from the CSA Dominator they seem the next closest thing th the original factory 18x 8...but alomst $5k cheaper!

Hey Palm,

Cheers

ZC

rearwheelshot6tp.th.jpg

palms

Hey palms,

Cheers

Palms,

I am also lookin at buying the Advanti KARLA rims for my Black IS250 Pestige (which arrives in Otober)....I am very interested in yu comment about the front wheels rubbing when you turn full lock..question: do you have 18x8 on front and back, and, what did the Lexus dealer tell you bout the caue and solution?

Cheers

Carro Loco

Carro Loco

I have not resolved this issue just yet, i have a paint issue with my car and will be getting a new car in November so until then i guess the wheels rubbing issue has to stay until then. Yes it does rub when turning going forward or reverse in out off a drive way or when going down a steep road or driveway whilst turning at almost full lock. It sounds like it's just touching the plastic inside the wheel arch, i would have to take the wheel off to see where it is rubbing to tell you and yes i have 18's all round and i know the sports luxury has 18's as well so it must be rubbing on those as well. It would be good to hear from people that recieved the car with the stock 18's on their car ie sports luxury. Maybe after market wheels are the issue, i know when i first spoke to the service centre at chatswood they said some people have had the same thing and they fixed it, what they did i don't know. Sorry that's all i have.

palms

Carro Loco

I have not resolved this issue just yet, i have a paint issue with my car and will be getting a new car in November so until then i guess the wheels rubbing issue has to stay until then. Yes it does rub when turning going forward or reverse in out off a drive way or when going down a steep road or driveway whilst turning at almost full lock. It sounds like it's just touching the plastic inside the wheel arch, i would have to take the wheel off to see where it is rubbing to tell you and yes i have 18's all round and i know the sports luxury has 18's as well so it must be rubbing on those as well. It would be good to hear from people that recieved the car with the stock 18's on their car ie sports luxury. Maybe after market wheels are the issue, i know when i first spoke to the service centre at chatswood they said some people have had the same thing and they fixed it, what they did i don't know. Sorry that's all i have.

palms

Thanks Palms,

Interesting issu with your paintwork..plase kep us informed..

In terms of the rims, I've spoke to YHI, who distribute them, and am getting conflictng reports..one guy says he's fitted them and they look superb, while another says that they won't fit because of the high offset!

Apparently the Advanti Racing FLUID rims will it because they are 18 x 7.5, which gives you that little bit more clearance between the tyre andwheel arch..only thing is that the fluids don't look anywhere near as good as the KARLA's..here's a link to them, what do you think ?

47_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I'm a newbie and just purchased an is250 but have to wait till early Oct for delivery. However here are some specs you maybe interested in.

Stock Lexus 18"

Front: Tyres 225/40 r18 Rims: 18x8" Offset +45mm

Rear: Tyres 255/40 r18 Rims: 18x8.5" Offset +50mm

I've had some experience in fitting aftermarket wheels to my previous cars. The fundamental thing to get correct to avoid wheel rubbing is to get the wheel offset correct. Then the next step is the Width of the Wheel which subsequently determines the Max width of the tyre.

I've already ordered 235/40 r18 tyres and 18x8" +40mm offset alloys for my car, so when I get my car and fit them on, i'll let everyone know whether there's any rubbing. If there is, then avoid +40mm offset, but I'm fairly confident that there shouldn't be.

A rule of thumb is to always stick close to the original manufacturer offset specs.

Hi All,

I'm a newbie and just purchased an is250 but have to wait till early Oct for delivery. However here are some specs you maybe interested in.

Stock Lexus 18"

Front: Tyres 225/40 r18 Rims: 18x8" Offset +45mm

Rear: Tyres 255/40 r18 Rims: 18x8.5" Offset +50mm

I've had some experience in fitting aftermarket wheels to my previous cars. The fundamental thing to get correct to avoid wheel rubbing is to get the wheel offset correct. Then the next step is the Width of the Wheel which subsequently determines the Max width of the tyre.

I've already ordered 235/40 r18 tyres and 18x8" +40mm offset alloys for my car, so when I get my car and fit them on, i'll let everyone know whether there's any rubbing. If there is, then avoid +40mm offset, but I'm fairly confident that there shouldn't be.

A rule of thumb is to always stick close to the original manufacturer offset specs.

Hi Newbie,

I'm the same mate, my black is250 arrives in Octber again.

You're right about the specs..they are the ones I've been giving all the wheel retailers like Bridgestone, BobJanes, Spin City, Beaurepaires etc..I've also spoken directly to the distributors who have confirmed that because the car is so new, and the offset is so high, that there are very few wheels at the moment to suit...but I did find another wheel, which I think looks great ..it is the SSW Nirvana and comes in 18 x 7.5.

go to www.stamfordwheels.com under 'products', then 'passenger' to check it out..I am deciding between it and the Advanti Fluid that I posted earlier...both are the same price. you can pick them up with Bridgestone G3's for $2,400 package, which I think is pretty good...in addition most of them wil give you approx $100 for each of your 215/55 R16's tyres that come with the car, but I'm yet to have anyone agree to trade in the rims..

Hi Newbie,

You're right about the specs..they are the ones I've been giving all the wheel retailers like Bridgestone, BobJanes, Spin City, Beaurepaires etc..I've also spoken directly to the distributors who have confirmed that because the car is so new, and the offset is so high, that there are very few wheels at the moment to suit...but I did find another wheel, which I think looks great ..it is the SSW Nirvana and comes in 18 x 7.5.

go to www.stamfordwheels.com under 'products', then 'passenger' to check it out..I am deciding between it and the Advanti Fluid that I posted earlier...both are the same price. you can pick them up with Bridgestone G3's for $2,400 package, which I think is pretty good...in addition most of them wil give you approx $100 for each of your 215/55 R16's tyres that come with the car, but I'm yet to have anyone agree to trade in the rims..

Hi Carro Loco,

Both wheels look great. Hard to decide. It's good that you found a place to trade the original tyres in particularly for $100 each....some money is better than nothing.

What are the offsets of the Avanti and SSW wheels you're getting? So did any of the wheel shops say a what minimum offset will be alright?

In terms of wheels I've ordered OZ Racing Superturismo 18x8" +40mm offset On a set of 235/40 r18 Dunlop Direzza. Should arrive within the next 3 weeks.....just in time for the car.

Also not sure if you're aware but just in case you're not, If you get a 18x7.5inch wide rim like the sets you're lookin at, you're restricted to a max. 225 width tire.

ozis250.

Hi Newbie,

Hi Carro Loco,

Both wheels look great. Hard to decide. It's good that you found a place to trade the original tyres in particularly for $100 each....some money is better than nothing.

What are the offsets of the Avanti and SSW wheels you're getting? So did any of the wheel shops say a what minimum offset will be alright?

In terms of wheels I've ordered OZ Racing Superturismo 18x8" +40mm offset On a set of 235/40 r18 Dunlop Direzza. Should arrive within the next 3 weeks.....just in time for the car.

Also not sure if you're aware but just in case you're not, If you get a 18x7.5inch wide rim like the sets you're lookin at, you're restricted to a max. 225 width tire.

ozis250.

Hi ozis250,

Yep, I was aware of the 225 max width on the tyre, but there are so few choices out there at the moment in terms of campatible rims, and to be honest, some of the ones that do fit look absolutely shocking and given a choice you would almost leave the 16" granny wheels that come with the car..!

The minimum offset I've been told is suitable for the car is +40 depending on the rim..you might be ok with your OZ Racing rims but I would check around just to be sure because I've been getting so many conflicting reports.....however everyone agrees that +45 offset is the correct one for the is250, so that is the offset that I've been quoting when checking out rims..

The offset for the SSW Nirvana and Advanti Fluid are both +45...I tried to get the Advanti Karla's like Palms has posted previously but some places even refused to quote me on them because they said there is no way they are compatible unless you 'roll' the guards back to make them fit...which wasn't an option for me....I think this explains why Palm's wheels rub when you turn full lock and go down driveways etc?

I am getting 225/40 R18 Bridgestone G3's on my car for performance, low road noise, durability and handling...another good reason I chose them is that the Bridgestone Tyre centre where I am buying them will rotate and balance the tyres FREE OF CHARGE every 8,000km for the life of the tyre..pretty enticing deal....I hear the G3's look awesome with the SSW Nirvana....which by the way, looks very much like the new wheels on the 07 Subaru GT-R..

What ytpe of is250 did you order ?

Hi Newbie,

Hi Carro Loco,

ozis250.

Hi ozis250,

Yep, I was aware of the 225 max width on the tyre, but there are so few choices out there at the moment in terms of campatible rims, and to be honest, some of the ones that do fit look absolutely shocking and given a choice you would almost leave the 16" granny wheels that come with the car..!

The minimum offset I've been told is suitable for the car is +40 depending on the rim..you might be ok with your OZ Racing rims but I would check around just to be sure because I've been getting so many conflicting reports.....however everyone agrees that +45 offset is the correct one for the is250, so that is the offset that I've been quoting when checking out rims..

The offset for the SSW Nirvana and Advanti Fluid are both +45...I tried to get the Advanti Karla's like Palms has posted previously but some places even refused to quote me on them because they said there is no way they are compatible unless you 'roll' the guards back to make them fit...which wasn't an option for me....I think this explains why Palm's wheels rub when you turn full lock and go down driveways etc?

I am getting 225/40 R18 Bridgestone G3's on my car for performance, low road noise, durability and handling...another good reason I chose them is that the Bridgestone Tyre centre where I am buying them will rotate and balance the tyres FREE OF CHARGE every 8,000km for the life of the tyre..pretty enticing deal....I hear the G3's look awesome with the SSW Nirvana....which by the way, looks very much like the new wheels on the 07 Subaru GT-R..

http://customwheeltyre.com/gallery/v/wheel...rvana.jpeg.html

• 2 weeks later...
Hi ozis250,

I ordered the Prestige with Sunroof, tint and rear sensors in Granite. I didn't bother with the enhancement pack.

Hi ozis250,

I ordered the Prestige with Sunroof, tint and rear sensors in Granite. I didn't bother with the enhancement pack.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ozis250,

Hi ozis250,

ozis250,

Rear sensors on the Prestige? Is that an option?

I havent had any of the dealers in Sydney tell me about that.

Ordered an is250 Prestige with 18" Lexus Mutispoke Wheels on Wednesday.

Would love to get Rear sensors if possible, the car looks to be difficult to reverse into a tight spot due to limited rearward view. How much are they?