So that's $1250US + cost of tyres, which by the way is how much? I heard there are only a couple of brands that have the spec ??

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks alot like this to me, and it looks good on the biummer.

imsswnirvana125x150bw7.jpg

5250278.jpg

Hi mate,

I have the SSW Nirvana 18" rims on my black is250..the tyres are 225/40 R18 (Yokohama Advan...lovely tyre) front and back..I did this on purpose so that I can rotate the tyres every 8,000 km's all round instead of only being able to rotate front to front and back to back (saves tyre wear and $$$)

Only thing I warn you about is that the offset on the Nirvana rims are high, which means they dont stick out wide and follow the contour of the car wheel arch..they actually sit a fair way inside the wheel arch and there is plenty of daylight between tyre and car body.....as a result they look (unfortunately), like granny wheels, and do not look liek they are 18" rims...my friends all swear blind that they aren't 18" becuase they look so small...the shot of the bimmer you posted shows the tyres fitting the wheel well very make the car look mean, just as they should!!..I can assure you that your Nirvana rims won't do the same...if you really like the Nirvana rims, which by the way are really nice, I sugest you try to get 19" alloys if they have them

You are right about the offset, and i agree about them not looking their best sitting too in.

Thanks for the info on same spec front and rear as i will be looking to get same just different wheels.

I have asked tempe tyres yet what the offset of this is but i really like it.

18x8

bg_kaso_black.jpg

Just to let you know, here in the UK, the 16" wheeled cars are as rare as hens teeth & the vast majority of new IS's are on 17" whilst there are 3 x 18" OEM options

which really do fill the wheel arches particularly when fitted with mud-flaps.

The Sport rides 13mm. lower but the visual difference between my SEL-AUTO/18" Hoshis (with Flaps) & the 18" Sport set-up is neglible whilst the 18" Ride is actually smoother than the std. 17".

A few people across the UK/USA have changed to 19" Set-ups & ,interestingly,overall wheel/tyre diams. hardly change; using OEM kit so Lock & Speedo accuracy is not affected.What does change,ofcourse,is the amount of wheel in the arch which makes the visual impact SO much better.

@ New-Car Purchase the 18" option, in lieu of 17",is £1250 for 5 wheel/tyres as the spare is different.

Tel

• 2 weeks later...
My Sports model rims arrived today! Genuine Toyota rims, around $A1150 landed and at my door.

Very very happy, i'll post a piccy in a few days. :)

Hey Turbo4,

thanks heaps for the posts regarding your OEM Sport Alloys and how much they are. Can you let me know where you got the tyres from and how much they were just so I have an idea of the total price?

Also, where's the pics?!! :D

Thanks

My Sports model rims arrived today! Genuine Toyota rims, around $A1150 landed and at my door.

Hey Turbo4,

thanks heaps for the posts regarding your OEM Sport Alloys and how much they are. Can you let me know where you got the tyres from and how much they were just so I have an idea of the total price?

Thanks

Sorry, i'll get some pics taken, I assure you they are genuine rims - Lexus of Newcastle had a look Friday week ago, and were amazed to see an owner who actually did some of their own legwork to save money. :lol:

You know why Lexus charges so much for wheels like that? Because they can - many 'Lexus people' (possibly including some owners on here) are loaded, and are easily parted with their money because they couldn't be bothered doing a little hunting around..... they just write the cheque. :blink:

Tyres: I just got some mid spec Toyos from my local Tyrepower store. 225/40/18 front, 245/40/18 rear, total cost $$896 fitted and balanced. :) Yes, I know factory rear is a 255/40/18, but I opted for the 245s as they were quite a bit cheaper and do the job fine.

Found these on bigotyres.com.au site.

Looks extremely close to the oem ones.

http://bigotyres.com.au/showcase/index.php...products_id=348

dv602.jpeg

You better watch the gutters when parking with these babies as they will stick out past the tyre. Mine don't but are flush with the tyre, grrr have already scratched them parking and i am anal when it comes to parking and taking care, one slip up like what i did and grrrr, damn it....

palms

Yeh i'm concern about the gutters too but i recon if i the right tyres it should be ok.

Are yours the 18" oem ones?

Got no rubbing on mine with the 245/40s.... is you car lowered palms?

No it's not lowered, in this thread i have already mentioned the issue with my tyres on page 1 i think. I't seems that the Karlas have a different offset than the standard 18's on the sports model. For me to keep these rims i had to go smaller to stop the rubbing. I have thought about lowering it but to scarded too in case of a stuff up.

palms

Hey Turbo4,

Thanks

Sorry, i'll get some pics taken, I assure you they are genuine rims - Lexus of Newcastle had a look Friday week ago, and were amazed to see an owner who actually did some of their own legwork to save money. :lol:

You know why Lexus charges so much for wheels like that? Because they can - many 'Lexus people' (possibly including some owners on here) are loaded, and are easily parted with their money because they couldn't be bothered doing a little hunting around..... they just write the cheque. :blink:

Tyres: I just got some mid spec Toyos from my local Tyrepower store. 225/40/18 front, 245/40/18 rear, total cost $$896 fitted and balanced. :) Yes, I know factory rear is a 255/40/18, but I opted for the 245s as they were quite a bit cheaper and do the job fine.

Thanks for the prices mate. When I first checked 8 months ago for OEM 18" sports alloys, they were a heck of a lot more expensive than now. Hmmmm....I'm so tempted now!

Thanks for the prices mate. When I first checked 8 months ago for OEM 18" sports alloys, they were a heck of a lot more expensive than now. Hmmmm....I'm so tempted now!

How much were the oem 18" package then and how much are they now?

How much were the oem 18" package then and how much are they now?

Sorry for the delay in the reply. Back then the 18" alloys were about $1200 USD. These were for Lexus OEM Sport alloys from people that were getting 19"/20" for their US IS350's. Now, you can get a factory replica (identifcal) for $489 USD.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 19"x8.5" fronts and 19"x9.5" rears on my IS250 and there is no problems with the tyres rubbing, have 235x35 fronts and 275x30 rears. Just make sure that you have the right offsets and you should be fine, there is plenty of room in those IS250 guards.

Getting an INGS kit installed at the moment at the panel beater so I will wait till after to see if there is any clearance left from the bodykit, think it will be too low to drop it after the kit.